PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Wax; after 3 weeks

JustinR32
10-10-2003, 08:40 PM
It lasts about... 2 to 3 weeks. For the first week, it does repel brake dust very well; the second week, less so. After that, it seems no better or worse than anything else, or nothing at all.

Too bad, I wanted to like it. It does look great, and I like the way it smells. But, I`d rather use a polymer less frequently than Wheel Wax constantly. #20 lasts about twice as long, for example, and also looks great. I`m sure Klasse lasts and looks, too. Heck, even Nu Finish lasts and looks good on wheels.

So... I wasted $12, so that you don`t have to!

Tom

fidelfs
10-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Sorry for your $12 but better you than me. LOL :D

I am thinking to do something similar. My car has severe brake dust problems.

:xyxthumbs

jeremyp111
10-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I also have some wheel wax and I have to agree that it`s kind of SO-SO. I love the fact that it cleans up my chrome wheels very nicely, repels brake dust very well and makes the wheels look killer. It just doesn`t last that long.

Anyway, I do think it`s worth the money if you don`t mind reapplying every 2 weeks because my wheels don`t clean up as easy and look as nice with any other product out there. With Wheel Wax, you don`t even need to clean your wheels first. Just wipe on the wax and wipe it off. All the brake dust will come off with it. Just used it today actually as part of my detail.

Bottom line: Great product, except for durability.

my $.02

Jeremy

imported_Greg
10-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Well given the wheels can reach such hot temperatures, Wheel Wax fails in durability because it is carnauba based.

imported_Brett K
10-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Mosca,

I was at Mickey`s last Friday and had a bottle of that in my hand. The kid was really raving about it too. WHen I asked about how the product would work with all of the heat that it would be exposed to, he said "Don`t worry! It was made for wheels so I`m sure it will work!" Thanks for saving me $12.

BTW, I used their mint foam carpet cleaner. Good stuff to keep on hand. Smells good too.

Have you ever tried their CAS products Carnauba in the silver can. I might give it a try soon.

Bill D
10-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Sounds like any typical carnauba just named Wheel Wax and marketed for wheels :down

Kleanride
10-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Pics?

Spilchy
10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
I love Wheel Wax :D I enjoy applying it once a month.

I use Wheel Wax for its cleaning and shine properties and top with Collinite Insulator Wax.

The Collinite lasts forever, but I usually apply like every two, two and a half months. It`s meant for high temperature aplications.

So in reality, I use Wheel wax every couple months with a layer of Collinite to make it last.

Plus, Wheel Wax tastes great :p

JustinR32
10-14-2003, 03:56 PM
LOL, it looks & smells like butterscotch pudding!

One thing I didn`t mention, for the first couple days after application, when I`m driving the car hard, I can actually smell the Wheel Wax evaporating.

Brett, are you talking about the CAS Diamond Finish stuff? Stay away; it is truly foul. The solvents are very crude and unrefined; it stinks like kerosene and naptha and sulphur. Like any store, Mickey`s has a wide range of products, some worthwhile and some not. The CAS Carnuba is "not". The Diamond Finish is actually something else relabled, something called "Carnauba Royale". Anyhow, it smells so bad I couldn`t bring myself to use it on my car; there`s too much high quality stuff available. i`ll get my Meguiar`s, and other stuff from Mick`s. Y`know, we should turn him on to Klasse and some other stuff.

One thing I`ve wondered, though; how would WW look on paint? It`s a nice shine, it really is.

Tom