PDA

View Full Version : Bath towels :rolleyes:

Corey Bit Spank
10-10-2003, 11:31 AM
I`m under the impression people on other websites don`t have the advantages of Autopia.

Those who say don`t use bath towels (terrycloth towels) are on crack.

This is about drying off cars. Maybe they like the swirled look? :o

fidelfs
10-10-2003, 11:40 AM
"Well when I wash my car...I jump in it and see how fast I can get going between my house and the railroad (about 5 miles), then turn around and come home!! Whats left is just minor water spots by door handles and rear trunk area, so I get a terricloth towel and windex and clean it like glass. BLINGBLING"

From another forum!

:nixweiss

togwt
10-10-2003, 11:50 AM
"Knowledge not passed on is knowledge wasted"

You`ve just got to be careful of what advise you act upon. But it`s real difficult for an amateur to sift through information and ignore the `bad advise`.

Corey Bit Spank
10-10-2003, 11:53 AM
My advice was to get a waffle weave microfiber from Pakshak.

Oh well. I try.

BillNorth
10-10-2003, 11:56 AM
I haven`t bought an MF towel yet. I`m still using my Charismas, which are considered bath towels. No swirls for me. MF is good (so I`ve heard), but it isn`t the only option out there.

YIELAR
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
I just received my Big Blue waffle weave towel from Classic Motoring and I must say it works like a charm. Throw away the old chamios they can`t come close to these new waffle weaves. I also just received my MF towels from Pakshak and have nothing but great things to say about them. I bought a few different types of MF so I could compare and see which I personally liked the best.

Yielar

Glossequation
10-10-2003, 01:36 PM
1. CWB

then

2. Leaf Blower

then

3. Dry any leftover with cotton towel...

shaf
10-14-2003, 10:17 PM
High quality 100% cotton bath towels (like Fieldcrests) are perfectly fine and were the material of choice prior to the microfiber revolution. Check out the Archives.

Waffleweaves are just better. ;)

SVR
10-17-2003, 04:38 AM
I`ve used top quality bath towels before but i used them lightly. Today i just go around with my good old meguiars chamois and it`s done in a couple of minutes. But i spend another 30 minutes removing all the door seals,drying them and the paint below them and also drying the underside of hood,engine bay and the trunk. I hate rust.

Jack T.
10-17-2003, 05:59 AM
*holds hand up*

Up until a week ago when I happened across this forum, I used a bath towel to dry both my M3 and my wifes 325I

*hangs head in shame*

Kleanride
10-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Jack T.

*holds hand up*

Up until a week ago when I happened across this forum, I used a bath towel to dry both my M3 and my wifes 325I

*hangs head in shame*

Ain`t no thang....

I don`t even want to say what I did before I found this forum!!!

:eek:

raymond_ho2002
10-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Nothing wrong with using bath towels.. I still use them. I lay them on the car without rubbing to soak up most of the water prior to drying with a waffleweave.