PDA

View Full Version : 911 emergency

imported_2wheelsx2
10-09-2003, 10:46 PM
im trading in my car tommorw , black 2000 accord mild swirls i have about 1.5 hours to work on the outside its already clean and tires dressed, but needs polishing bad i have a pc yellow white orange pads, i can use dacp swirl free polish, crystal polish (from 3 step system) mothers sealer and glaze 3m finnese it hand polish and meg no 7. and s100 whats my course of action. the interior is spot less so i only need to work the outside in the 1.5 hours? please help, or should i just use some scratch x on the scratches and wipe the car down with some mist and wipe of meg fd

ntwrkguy1
10-10-2003, 12:20 AM
My advice: Use a white pad with DACP, wipe it down with a MF towel, and trade it in. Since you only have 1.5 hours, that should be the best route. If you find you have some time left over, top it with S100.

grimmster
10-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Actually, as long as the car is clean, I`d leave it at that. the dealer will give you no more trade-in weather the car has swirls or if its an Autopia car. Save your time and materials for the new car

C. Charles Hahn
10-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ntwrkguy1

My advice: Use a white pad with DACP, wipe it down with a MF towel, and trade it in. Since you only have 1.5 hours, that should be the best route. If you find you have some time left over, top it with S100.

I agree, though you could save yourself some time by using the crystal polish/yellow pad and topping with #7/white pad. Forget the wax/etc.... it makes it look better than having nothing but remember that no matter how clean it is they`ll probably hack at at with the lot detailers anyways.

fidelfs
10-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by grimmster

Actually, as long as the car is clean, I`d leave it at that. the dealer will give you no more trade-in weather the car has swirls or if its an Autopia car. Save your time and materials for the new car

I agree!

:xyxthumbs

BradE
10-10-2003, 05:09 PM
If your trading it, don`t even bother with DACP, it`s pointless IMO. Just slap on a coat of Mothers Sealer/Glaze and be done with it. The car will look fantastic long enough for you to trade it.

GoodnClean
10-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah don`t bother, they dont care about the condition in that manner. Wash it good, cover the swirls up if you want, but dont stress over it. Swirling isn`t part of the algorithm they use to determine the value.

LouisanaJeeper
10-10-2003, 07:03 PM
apply Sealer/Glaze and leave it at that

Scottwax
10-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Agree with the others. Why bother? The detailers at the dealership will give it fresh swirls when they prep it anyway.

chris0626
10-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Agree with the majority here. Dealers are blind to swirls/scratches. Give it a wash. Maybe some sort of filler (like Mothers Sealer/Glaze that others have recommended). Or just wash then wax with something like S100. Clean the glass, dress the rubber, shine the metal, and call it quits. Don`t stress over this.

imported_2wheelsx2
10-11-2003, 01:36 AM
well it rained all day so i just rinsed the major stuff from the car, and like i said the inside is flawless....brand new even. but i did not trade it in b/c i felt the sales man was trying to pull a fast on (imagine that? :rolleyes: ) so im going to another dealer tommorw

GoodnClean
10-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Do you all have Carmax there? I just traded a car at Carmax, they offered me more than any dealer did, and it was painless.

johnnygee3
10-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Save your muscles and products. The dealer ain`t gonna give you anymore for a detailed car.If they even keep it, they will prolly do thier own screwed up stuff. If they wholesale it out, the wholesaler might give the dealer a tiny bit more but you ain`t gonna see no more.Just my opinion. Sorry for the bad grammer

shaf
10-14-2003, 11:01 PM
I don`t know what 3M FI Hand Polish is, but doing both Mothers Sealer & Glaze and #7 is 100% redundant.