PDA

View Full Version : Best tire gel??

Pages : [1] 2 3

C-MDX
10-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Which company makes the best tire gel and can get it from Autopia store or from Canadian Tire(no Pepboys or Auto zone in Vancouver)?? I want the best shine, lasts long and has to be easy to apply. I don`t like foams or sprays though.

2wheelsx2
10-09-2003, 07:56 PM
There is really no "best". It`s down to personal perference. You said you didn`t like sprays and foams, so it`s down to gels. I personally really like Meguiar`s Endurance. Many here like TW Tire Gel. I have also had good results with Eagle One Protectant Lotion (not the spray). All available at Canadian Tire, Lordco, etc.

imported_Greg
10-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Platinum`s Tire Gel, its great.

iceman
10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I use Eagle One Wet tire gel. A bit messy to use and I buff off excess after letting it sit for 30 minutes or else it might sling. Gives a medium shine which changes to a low gloss finish after 1-2 washes and this seems to last for a month. Can get at Canadian tire or Lordco.

C-MDX
10-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys. I bought No touch tire spray before and they`re horrible. They`re messy, they don`t shine well and they only last for 3 days :(

Mantic6t9
10-10-2003, 01:40 AM
I like Meguiar`s Endurance as well. Apply, let sit, and buff off. Works great everytime.

vmunoz
10-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Turtle Wax Formula 2001 tire gel is very good if you can find it. Has a nice shine and it lasts a good while. TW Wet`n Black black tire treatment is also very good, but I wouldn`t recommend it if you have white walls or lettering.

V...

C-MDX
10-10-2003, 02:42 AM
I don`t know you have to buff off the gel, I thougth you only have to apply it and you`re done, I guess I was wrong :(

F 355
10-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Don`t laugh...but I started using TW 2201 Tire Foam & Shine. God, I thought I would never say Turtle Wax.

Because it`s a foam and has a large spray pattern, I spray it on a foam applicator, then hit the tires. Nice sheen but not overkill armorall look. Seems to last a long time and residue will not splash up on your wheel wells or wipe off on your hands...

oldblu
10-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I like Pinnacle Tire Gel, looks wet but dry to the touch. You do have to wait a few hours for the gel to dry.

topnotchtouch
10-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Another vote for Meguiars Endurance here. I use the orginal formula as it gives a more flat/satin appearance. It is pretty durable. It is also smells darn good too :xyxthumbs

Shineman
10-10-2003, 08:58 AM
IMO the Tire Gels last the best and produce a nice shine

Jesstzn
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
I`m old fashioned .. here is what I do and it works well

1) Use Westleys Bleech Wite to clean your tires before applying your favorite dressing. Once you spray this on your tire you will crap when you see the brown crud run down. As with car waxing a well prepared black tire will look better when dressed up. If you have non-cleared alloy wheels protect them from the spray.

2) I use the kitchen sponges that are yellow with the green scouring pad back to apply tire dressing. Spray the dressing on the foam side and apply to the tire .. no more overspray on your clean wheels or up on your paint. These are like $2 for 12 at your local dollar discount and at this price disposable when they get dirty. To reduce sling off let the dressing dry just a bit then using the pad wipe the tread edges from outside to inside to spread out the excess. Slinging off os more due to the person putting it on too thick/not allowing it to dry and not the product.

Dressings will last a lot longer on a clean tire than applied over a dirty one.

I have tried hoards of dressings and guess what ... good ole Armorall does just fine. If you want a gloss apply 2 coats. If you want matte finish .. apply one coat and wipe the tire down with an old towel before it dries.

A dressing called "Forever Black" was the only one I found with any life after 10 washings but I didn`t like the finish.

neoprufrok
10-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Okay, maybe I`ll be flamed, but back in the day, when I was one of the handful of members to this board, we all did not like Armor All because of the fact that it was claimed to prevent blooming and also because it was petroleum based vs PMDS.

Am I wrong here, or did the board`s collective wisdom undergo a change?

I still only use 303 protectant.

Corey Bit Spank
10-10-2003, 11:34 AM
I like Endurance.

And I just don`t like Armor All because it looks cheap and smears.