PDA

View Full Version : Megs Hand polish or KAIO?

Jcrawford
10-09-2003, 10:06 AM
is megs hand polish necessary after after DACP and SFP if i use the klasse twins??

jeremyp111
10-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Not necessary, but it all depends on how far you want to go with it. I like the Megs #81 Professional Hand Polish as a final polish prior to AIO.

Gadfly
10-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Won`t the AIO remove all of the oils and fillers from Megs #81 Hand Polish? If so it would be a futile exercise to apply the #81.

jeremyp111
10-09-2003, 12:34 PM
The #81 PHP is a finer polish than the #82 SFP and yes it does have oils that will be removed by AIO. It will still polish the surface a bit finer than SFP so it won`t be a futile process. Again, it all depends on how far you want to take it. One thing about sealants is that good preparation makes huge difference in the final appearance. AIO/SG can be unforgiving and bring out the flaws in the paint which is why I use a swirl remover (ie. Poorboys SSR1 or Megs #9/#82) and a finer polish (ie. Poorboys Professional Polish or Megs #81). DACP can be used for more severe swirls first.

So to reiterate, it`s not essential that you use a finer polish, but it does help.

Any more questions, just ask. Hope this helps. Hey, BTW, post some before and after pics! I love pics!

Jeremy

Jcrawford
10-09-2003, 02:07 PM
thanks for clearing that stuff up guys. i don`t mind doing extra work if it makes my truck look better. i am against doing useless steps though. heres the line up...DACP/#82/#81/AIO/SG/S100 or Souveran (undecided). now i just need some time off. ha

shaf
10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Sure you could use it, even as a finer polishing step, but you could also use AIO for that as it`s also extremely fine. I`d be inclined not to bother.