PDA

View Full Version : My wheel has been totally discolored due to a "tire puncture fluid"...how to restore?

Surfer8210
10-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Hi,

Well, two weeks ago, I noticed my rear tire was almost flat. I didnt want to drive to the gas station like that, in fear of doing some damage to the wheel. I got hold of one of those cans that has an alcohol-like fluid, which is pumped into the tire. It is to be used in emergency situations.

Anyways, I have now changed the tires on the car. During the mounting and balancing, we noticed the inside of the wheel; Basically, it looks like a kid has splattered yellowish gue onto the wheel. I washed the wheel with the Full Strength Eiman Hi-Intensity, yet the stains still remain.

Is this reside, or whatever it is, etched into my alloy wheels, or is it still something that can be polished out? Is this permanent discoloration? Please inform, eagerly awaiting a response. Thanks

F 355
10-09-2003, 06:22 AM
What kind of wheels? What are they made of?

Surfer8210
10-09-2003, 02:27 PM
hey,

they are alloy wheels, clear coated i believe. The are the Turbo Look look wheels on the Porsche 996.

forrest@mothers
10-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Call the tire inflator manufacturer and see what they recommend to remove the goo (some sort of latex, I think) from the wheel.