PDA

View Full Version : Megs finishing pad (Light brown)

Patrick
10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I used a new Megs finishing pad on my PC over the weekend, and noticed it started to "shed"...In other words, after about a 2x2 section, on about #4 on my PC, i started to see the foam flake off. Nothing real irritating, but surprising. This is the second time it has happened, the first time I thought I had the wrong pad on, and just finished the job by hand. But this is a new batch of pads I got from Meg`s. Small ittle pieces, about the size of a pin head, or smaller. I was using EX for the first time....

By the way, the Poorboys SSR2 is awesome ! EX is pretty amazing also ! EZ on EZ off.....Nice product...:xyxthumbs

Anyway, back to my problem....Anyone experienced this b4 with Megs pads ?

I have the polishing (yellow) and have never had a problem with those.......

FredBro
10-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Hi Patrick,

I have all 3 Meg`s pads and I don`t remember seeing that problem. Maybe you should call Meguiars and get an RMA!!!

:bounce

Patrick
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Hehe, I had problems with the previous shippment, this is the "make good" order !!!

Tim Lingor
10-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Hi Patrick,

I have a "few" Meguiar`s Beige Finishing pads, both W-9000 and W-9006 (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4330&papass=&sort=1)and have never experienced a problem like you are having. I did have a couple of the finishing pads grabbing the paint. But that turned out to be batch specific. As for your problem, I have never had that happen. Very strange.

How were they stored? Were they used previously and not cleaned? I have had a polishing pad that had dried with polish residue in it, basically come apart on me. In my case, I believe the polish residue being left in it, caused it to rot.

Tim

Patrick
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Tim, this was the first time i had used them, they were from a new batch Meg`s had shipped out to me.......

I dont know what to think, I just hope they make it thru the wknd.....Maybe I`ll turn the PC down to 3.5 or something, although its difficult to do vertical panels at that speed with the finishing pad....

Truthfully, Im not having any luck with what Megs has sent me...The first polishing pads backing fell apart, and now these finishing pads starting to prematurely fail....

imported_nickc0844
10-09-2003, 10:41 PM
My new ones did that also, yet after I used them once and soaked them for cleaning, they haven`t done it again. It`s almost like the tiny cells were loose and just fell off, but who knows. I will probably try the ones from Griot`s next time around.

Patrick
10-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Thats exactly it Nick...The same one as before, shed again some more today.....

:welcome