PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Chevy with Leather

imported_SouthernZ71
10-08-2003, 05:10 PM
I`m pretty sure I have leather (paid for it as an option) in my truck but the sides and back seat look like vinyl? does anyone know if the leather in these trucks is real? I`ve been using Lexol cleaner/conditiner and it doesn`t feel like they are getting softer?

thanks

Steve @ Guru
10-08-2003, 05:39 PM
It could be a combo of leather/vinyl/leatherette/or some other combo....that`s pretty common, even in high-end European cars.

Never had good luck with Lexol on treated leather. You might want to try a true automotive leather conditioner like those available from people like: Eagle One, Griots, Mothers, Leatherique, Pinnacle, or Zaino.

Just my $0.02.

imported_BretFraz
10-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Like most all vehicles, only the seating surfaces are real leather. Everything else is vinyl. Ya gotta go way up the food chain to get an all-leather interior.

And like most vehicles, your seats are clearcoated to reduce fading and improve durability. Conditioners won`t soften coated leather seats. The product just sits there like a protectant instead of being absorbed into the leather. You can use a good water-based protectant with a UV sunscreen if you prefer.

imported_SouthernZ71
10-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the help, looks like I`ll start saving a few bucks each month from buying Lexol! Could I use a thin coat of #40?

Thanks

imported_BretFraz
10-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SouthernZ71

Thanks for the help, looks like I`ll start saving a few bucks each month from buying Lexol! Could I use a thin coat of #40?

Thanks

Yep, it`ll work fine.

imported_SouthernZ71
10-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Great, Thanks again