PDA

View Full Version : Looking fo Larger Applicators?

imported_f150smith
10-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know of a source where I can buy some larger foam, terry, or MF polish and wax applicator pads. I have rather large hands and the small ones I have are starting to be a real PIA to use.

I have several of the foam handle style that Autopia Car Care sales but would like some terry or MF ones in a larger size.

My hands would greatly appreciate any suggestions on web sites or other sources for something larger than the typical small ones that either come with wax or that you can buy at most auto parts stores.

Thanks

Al

andriver
10-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Al, I use the Viking foam applicators. I think they are similar to the Autopia applicators. I like them very much. They are comfortable to work with. BTW, I bought them at Autozone....Andrew

imported_f150smith
10-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Thanks Andrew, I`ll stop by an Autozone next time i see one. I`ve also been browsing some web sites. I think I saw some larger ones on a web site once but can`t remeber which one.

JimS
10-08-2003, 06:41 AM
The Viking`s are blue foam, large size and work great w/everything I`ve tried them on.

Scott P
10-08-2003, 07:18 AM
The Autopia and Viking applicators are the same product. They are great applicators and my favorite ones to use. Clearkote has some MF applicators similar in size to the CMA ones.

imported_Luster
10-08-2003, 08:26 AM
I`ll stop by Autozone and pick up some of the larger models.

I also have rather large hands and the Meguiar`s pads are TINY! Very uncomfortable to use. Sometimes my hands will actually cramp!

Thanks for the tips.

imported_f150smith
10-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys. I have about 6 or 8 of the Autopia foam pads already. I like them a lot and use them mostly for AIO and waxes but would still like to find some either terry or MF ones when i need something a little more aggressive for polishes.