PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: One Grand Special Touch

imported_Luster
10-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I read several posts concerning water spots and read that "One Grand Special Touch" was a really good paint cleaner that specializes in removing water spots.

I ordered mine from "The Z-Store" for $9.95 (+ shipping) and was excited about giving it a try.

On Saturday morning, I proceed to wash & dry my car, followed by the One Grand Treatment.

I felt that the application was a little thick and slow (high friction), so I dampened my application sponge and it went on much smoother.

Directions said to hand rub area for about 30 seconds with moderate pressure, then wipe with a clean 100% cotton cloth (or MF).

I followed directions and I was very pleased with the results! Not only did the OGST remove water spots, it left the surface smoother than claybar.

I followed this procedure with 2 coats of Z2.

I was so pleased, I thought I`d try the OGST on my son`s fading paint (13 year old black paint, never garaged.) It literally restored the paint so well that my wife actually said "Matt`s car looks great. What did you do to it?"

When the wife notices, you`ve done a good thing.

Here are my ratings on a 1-5 scale, 5 being the highest:

Ease of Application: 3

Aroma / Scent: 3

Ease of Removal: 4

Smoothness/ Slickness: 5

Water Spot removal: 5

Amount used per car: 4

Cost per bottle: 4

Damaged Paint restoration: 4.5

OVERALL RATING: 4+

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this product and would highly recommend it. It is not easy to apply or remove, like Zaino, but I was rewarded for my efforts, by the perfectly smooth paint surface.

I also used this product on a customer car that I detailed this weekend. (followed by 2 coats of Z2, of course!)

Good product, One Grand Special Touch.

Scott301
10-06-2003, 03:37 PM
I`m glad you like it. It is great stuff!!! I`ve used it to completely remove some nasty bird bomb etchings that nothing else would remove as well as water spots.

Brad

MBZ 500E
10-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Is this a very abrasive product? I have some acid rain etches on the roof of my car and am curious if this will help level/fill the paint by hand.

I`ve decided I don`t want to use a rotary or PC and my goal is to find a polish that will remove very little clear coat and also fill any minor blemishes.

Think this product can deliver?:nixweiss

imported_Luster
10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by MBZ 500E

Is this a very abrasive product? I have some acid rain etches on the roof of my car and am curious if this will help level/fill the paint by hand.

Think this product can deliver?:nixweiss

The label specifical states "NON-Abrasive". I certainly think it would be worth the cost of the product to give it a try.

I was amazed at the difference in appearance and smoothness of the hood, roof and trunk lid of my son`s car.

Here`s a quote from the One Grand (http://www.onegrand.com) website....

"ONE GRAND SPECIAL TOUCH is a highly specialized, non-abrasive cleaning polish. Use SPECIAL TOUCH to safely, clean oxidized paint on solid colors and clear coats. SPECIAL TOUCH is excellent for removing scratches, water spots, fall out, overspray, key marks near door handles and numerous other surface impurities. Elite professionals rely on SPECIAL TOUCH as a one stop solution to restoring finishes to original condition. SPECIAL TOUCH should be followed with OMEGA GLAZE and BLITZ WAX for a long lasting and stunning appearance. "

rd_volvo
10-06-2003, 11:02 PM
You can`t go wrong with any One Grand product.

CleanMachine
10-15-2003, 08:46 PM
I detail alot of black 350s that a guy has...he also has a great amount of iron in his water leaving very bad water spots. I have removed them with DACP but how would the special touch work on them. They are not etched in the paint but on it leaving the paint cloudy.

Thanks, Dave

imported_NHBFAN
10-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Luster,

Thanks for the product review. I`ll be ordering OGST soon. I`ve been looking for something to help with waterspots on a friend`s car and this sounds like the ticket.

Don`t own a machine, so I`ll be applying by hand also.

imported_Dude
10-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reiew! I have always been curious about OGST, and your reivew has answered all of my questions. Thanks once again!

imported_Dave Holmes
10-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Good review. Sounds like it could be an answer to a mild waterspot area I`ve got (under my sunroof wind deflector that I just removed).

I am wondering how it can be non-abrasive, yet still remove fine scratches and key marks? This has piqued my curiosity. Does it fill them, even though it says it removes them?

Dave

imported_Luster
10-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Dave Holmes

I am wondering how it can be non-abrasive, yet still remove fine scratches and key marks? This has piqued my curiosity. Does it fill them, even though it says it removes them?

It "feels" abrasive, like it has a cut to it, but the lable clearly states non-abrasive. All I know is the stuff works!:up

MBZ 500E
10-17-2003, 10:24 AM
I`m going to give this product a try, can anyone suggest the best place to buy this? I`m in SoCal if that helps.