PDA

View Full Version : Foam Pads

gez
10-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Hi guys,

Im eagerly awaitting a load of stuff that i bought from Proper Auto Care and was wondering if there is a priming method for foam pads in order for them to work properly. Is there also a way of cleaning them after hard use??

Thanks guys

Gerry

jimmybuffit
10-06-2003, 06:42 AM
i`m pretty sure Proper Auto Care includes a small instruction sheet with pads...

Lightly spray pad with QD to `prime`.

Hand wash the pads, and spin dry on your PC (in a bucket), and air dry.

Pretty simple, actually.

Jim

gez
10-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Thanks for your input Jim.

Gerry

imported_kgb
10-06-2003, 06:56 AM
I was always told to never spin your PC without it being on the car. So, I guess if you dry it using this method you should have it going super slow.

chris0626
10-06-2003, 09:08 PM
About this matter of drying pads ... I had a chance during the St. Louis get-together to observe several different pads and backing plates. I have the Coastal Tools 6" backing plate and Lake Country pads, and I always "spin dry" my pads on the PC (using a speed of 1 or 2). Never had a problem. But then, when I try to get by pads off the plate, it takes a heckuva lotta force to pull them off. I observed that some other backing plates don`t hold the pads as well, and some pads don`t "grip" as well. Sorry I can`t offer specifics about the manufacturers of the plates and pads that are less "grippy." Just an observation.