PDA

View Full Version : PLS Help-messed up my glass w/blade

Spoon
10-05-2003, 11:07 PM
hello all-

i was directed to this site by a buddy of mine who felt that this is THE site for all car loving enthusiasts from all walks...

after spending some time scouring the archives here for anything having to do with glass repair, i am impelled to ask here on my first post *specifically* what my situation is and ask for help so i can get some sleep tonight:o

i have a mint 2001 integra Type R, and i messed it up last night by cleaning the painted numbers that the racetrack scribbles on the rear quarter glass window-using a bad razor blade:(

i hadnt realized what i had done until i wiped off the glass clean, and noticed the deep scratches left behind from the track of the blade. i`ve always used razor blades to clean in the past, but i guess something went wrong with my cleaning lastnight and now its bothering the heck out of me everytime i see it..its on the driver`s side.

short of spending on a glass shop to try and repair the scratches, is there a method or product i can try to do and use myself to smooth out/fill the scratches? most of the info in the archives deal with the front windshield, so i am looking to see if there is something a little different i can do for the side glass...esp scratches made by using a blade.

any advice appreciated, as i am very happy to be a new member of this board

:xyxthumbs