PDA

View Full Version : Can you aply menzerna by hand?

silver323i
10-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, I am just wondering because the product sounds great, but I do not want to buy a PC. Has anyone tried this or know if it would work or not. Thanks, Mark.

Jesstzn
10-05-2003, 02:03 PM
I have used it by hand but more for spot use. I don`t have a PC nor could I justify the Canuck price for one so I bought a Simoniz cordless buffer and it suits my needs. and it worked well for the polish.

imported_f150smith
10-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I have used Menzerna Final Polish by hand and it did a good job but you have to rub and rub and then rub some more to work it good. I`m not as young as I use to be so it really gave my elbows and shoulders a workout. I have the Intensive as well but only used it on a few bad spots. I would not want to do my entire Supercrew with this combo again by hand.

A better choice, IMHO, that I have been using this week prepping for a pre-winter detail are the Einszett Polishes. I just got the Einszette Paint Polish and the Einszette Metallic Paint Polish from Autopia Care Car and they are much easier to use by hand. The Paint Polish is a little more aggressive for swirl mark remover than the Metallic but both are working great and so far I have seen no stains on any of my black trim.

I`m topping with the Klasse Twins and it is looking great so far. Once I get a few more coats of SG on it I`m going to top with Collinite.

dr427
10-06-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by silver323i

Well, I am just wondering because the product sounds great, but I do not want to buy a PC. Has anyone tried this or know if it would work or not. Thanks, Mark.

From what I have read Menzerna works best as it breaks down. Meaning you have a larger particle gradually getting smaller and smaller creating a nice smooth finish. In my opinion that is just too hard to reproduce over a large area by hand. You just couldn`t get the same results by hand as with a PC unless you want to spend some serious rub time as F150 found out. Not to exaggerate, but what the PC could do in 5-10 minutes would probably easily take an hour by hand to duplicate correctly. And that 5-10 minutes is only a section (fender, door, etc.).

I have Menzerna Final, Intensive, & Compound, but wouldn`t even attempt to use them by hand over the entire vehicle unless I was just touching up a spot or testing. Keep in mind Menzerna is a professional line product and as such I think they assume it will be applied by machine. One of my bottles specifically states to work the product in a 2`X2` area at 1200-1800 rpm or opm.Menzerna USA (http://www.menzernausa.com/AutoShopFiles/Automotive_Shop.htm)

The PC is a worthwile long lasting investment imho.

:xyxthumbs

BoxsterCharlie
10-06-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by dr427

From what I have read Menzerna works best as it breaks down. Meaning you have a larger particle gradually getting smaller and smaller creating a nice smooth finish.

THANK YOU! That`s the first time I`ve heard "breakdown" described. I`ve experienced it with 3M scratch remover and always wondered how that stuff can grind down the toughest scratches but leaves a good finish after it gets all buttery feeling under my fingers.

Learn something every day here! :up