PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean Auto-dry Car wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mindflux
10-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Anyone ever heard of or used this? I just saw a commercial for it on TNN inbetween the Powerblock Hour.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/index.shtml

Looks interesting enough, supposedly the soap removes some of the minerals from water that cause spotting/deposits. They even guarantee that you`ll have spotfree carwashing (With no towel drying).

:nixweiss :sosad

Patrick
10-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I have seen the ad myself, it looks like a nice addition to anyones arsenal, we will have to wait and see the results from the (Im sure) many takers, including me.....I will probably wait until the coupons come out, and large stores carry them......

factory
10-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Interesting that you can `buy it before it`s available in stores`. Sounds like a way to get a bit of testing in on the product. Of course it`s probably being sold at full retail PLUS S&H.

But anyone trying it please post. I hate drying.

jeremyp111
10-05-2003, 09:01 AM
Well, after looking at this product online I can say that the technology behind it is solid. I worked for one of the world`s largest water purification companies selling ultra high purity water systems to the biotech/pharmaceutical and electronics industries so I know a thing or two about this.

The filter uses ion exchange technology to remove the dissolved minerals from the water so when you rinse the car and the water dries, there are no minerals left to cause spotting. That`s why most automatic car washes uses deionized water as a final rinse. I`ve thought about putting a deionized water system in at my house using exchangeable ion exchange canisters that are swapped out when depleated. This may be a good alternative, but it depends on how long the filters last. If you are in an area with high TDS (total dissolved solids) then the filters won`t last long at all. Especially if you wash your car a lot. And if you`re reading this I assume that you do. I may try it out.

If others do too, then please post back on how long the filter lasts.

Jeremy

rorsino
11-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Any feedback on this yet?.

mlebarron
11-08-2003, 03:38 PM
search is your friend...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28102

rorsino
11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Umm how do you think I found this thread?. No one with results in that thread either...

mlebarron
11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
first post in that thread...

"New Mr. Clean Car Wash product

Check this out www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/index.shtml

I ordered one, once I play with it I`ll post a review."

Steve @ Guru
11-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Saw it demonstrated at SEMA...not sure what problems it solves.

You still have to use a wash-mitt to wash the car with, so you`re not "touchless washing" the vehicle. You have to use their soap and filters, which are good for between 8-14 uses...could get costly over time.

The only benefit that I could see was that you get a "pure water" rinse that`s supposed to allow the car to air dry, spot free. That`s where they claim you eliminate the swirls...but, if you`re washing wrong, or using a dirty mitt, well.....

I dunno...$30 for the device, $?? for each cartridge, wash mitts, and only benefit is a better air drying experience? Hmmm...

Bill D
11-08-2003, 04:28 PM
I`ll just be content trying out the 1z Perls and the new NXT wash in the spring :)

Scottwax
11-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

Saw it demonstrated at SEMA...not sure what problems it solves.

You still have to use a wash-mitt to wash the car with, so you`re not "touchless washing" the vehicle. You have to use their soap and filters, which are good for between 8-14 uses...could get costly over time.

The only benefit that I could see was that you get a "pure water" rinse that`s supposed to allow the car to air dry, spot free. That`s where they claim you eliminate the swirls...but, if you`re washing wrong, or using a dirty mitt, well.....

I dunno...$30 for the device, $?? for each cartridge, wash mitts, and only benefit is a better air drying experience? Hmmm...

I think it will come in handy for those who have 2-3 cars to wash on the weekend. They can just line them up, wash them, then let them all air dry. In that situation, it could save a lot of time. For a lot of people, time is worth more than money, especially on their day off. :nixweiss

raymond_ho2002
11-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Drying is probably the most stressful step for me when I wash my car. I have to be careful about not wiping with too much pressure, and I have to worry about doing it quickly before the water dries and leaves spots. Then I have to drive the car around, up hill and down hill to get out any water that might be hiding, that would potentially leave spots later on. I wouldn`t mind getting somethng that`d save me the stress of worrying about all that.

rorsino
11-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I found it while looking for a deionizer cartridge to filter my water. I`ll still blow dry but a black car on a warm day with hard water still gets spots, at least with my water. The filter is what I`m interested in.

MSOsr
11-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Has anyone tried it YET? I am interested just for the drying aspect (or the absence of drying aspect...)

jimmybuffit
11-23-2003, 10:23 AM
I`ve been looking at deionized and revesre osmosis systems for over a year now... most are either expensive, way too complicted for my simple shop, or just do not work.

I did install a whole house filter (from Lowe`s) (http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=9537-72062-U25) . Several different filters are available; I chose the one that traps solids down to one micron.

Iwashed an o2 Black Denali yesterday morning, used the CWB to remove most watr. Then I proceeded to the interior for 4 hours, and then back to the exterior...

While polishing some minor swirls, what few water spots I encountered were easily just wiped away.

This filter works! I`m in Central Indiana, limestone (hard water) capital of the world.

Change the filters often.

For less than $50, this is a fine investment, if you have spotting concerns in a fixed location.

Jim