PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining Blackfire?

tguil
10-03-2003, 10:00 PM
I did the complete Blackfire procedure about two months ago. After most of my washes since then I have used Blackfire QD. With winter on it`s way, I`d like to do another application of Blackfire. Do I need to use polish again or should I just apply the protectant? The finish appears to be in good shape.

By the way, because of the effort and time involved with using Blackfire, I think that I might go back to just using Mequiar`s Premium Paint Protection. My truck looked just about as good with it and it is a one step product.

Tom :cool:

imported_Greg
10-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Unless there are any spots that need attention, you can go ahead and apply the sealant after you wash.

Patrick
10-03-2003, 11:09 PM
By the way, because of the effort and time involved with using Blackfire, I think that I might go back to just using Mequiar`s Premium Paint Protection. My truck looked just about as good with it and it is a one step product.

Colors may have dictated that response... I have been using BF for a couple yrs now, both versions, I have yet to find anything as stunning.......Yes, it is time consuming, maybe labor intensive for some, but as with any product, once you know its characteristics, its your best friend......As for maintaining its appearance, if you feel its still looks good, just give it a good wash and clay, and put on the AFPP........The deep gloss spray is its maintainer......

I just noticed you own two black cars....I havent found anything that leaves a look so wet, other than BF.....

tguil
10-04-2003, 07:38 AM
I certainly agree about the wet look of BF on black. It`s great, but the MPPP looks pretty darned good and attracts less dust. On my black Harleys I use S100. Because it is almost as quick to use on a bike as a QD, I apply it after almost every wash. With my obsessions, this is certainly the right forum for me!

Tom

CharlesW
10-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Tom:

If you do decide to go back to MPPP, You might want to try your S100 as a topper.

MPPP was my product of choice for years on black cars. I used 3M Showcar Paste wax over it and had great looking cars. Seems like the S100 should give the same results.

Charles