PDA

View Full Version : Just Detailed

dc larson
10-03-2003, 01:22 PM
I detaled my pickup the other day and finally figured out how to post pictures into my gallery. From the advice of others on this site, this is what I did.

Mothers Clay Bar, 2 coats Meguairs #9 Polish, 2 coats Meguiars #26 Yellow Carniba Wax (3 now), Meguiars #49 Final Inspection.

I figure it won`t look like this again till after hunting season. Whadya think?

Ya can`t really see it, but I have the "orange peel" effect on my paint. I did all this work by hand. My back was stoved up for a week. If I got a decent polisher (PC) would it get rid of the "orange peel", plus make my life easier?

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3059/5221f150-090703-9a-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3059/5221f150-090703-2a-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3059/5221f150-090703-3a-med.jpg

fidelfs
10-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dc larson

I detaled my pickup the other day and finally figured out how to post pictures into my gallery. From the advice of others on this site, this is what I did.

Mothers Clay Bar, 2 coats Meguairs #9 Polish, 2 coats Meguiars #26 Yellow Carniba Wax (3 now), Meguiars #49 Final Inspection.

I figure it won`t look like this again till after hunting season. Whadya think?

Ya can`t really see it, but I have the "orange peel" effect on my paint. I did all this work by hand. My back was stoved up for a week. If I got a decent polisher (PC) would it get rid of the "orange peel", plus make my life easier?

Wish I knew how to add a photo below my text. Please check my gallery....DC Larson.

You can go to this url (http://www.autopia.org/forums/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode). Look for posting images.

To find the url for the picture go to your gallery. click the picture you want then righ click and select properties. You will see the url for the picture. That is the url you have to use.

:xyxthumbs

dc larson
10-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks Fidelfs.....appreciate it. Can I attach a link to my gallery with my posts?

fidelfs
10-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Great pictures :bow

fidelfs
10-03-2003, 03:01 PM
They looks like pictures from a car dealer brochure.

Good job.

:xyxthumbs

imported_edschwab1
10-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Awesome pictures. What were your camera settings?

Getting rid of Orange peel will require more than a PC polisher. I am not go into detail here as this has been covered before.

Eric

dc larson
10-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks Guys,

Actually the camara was some kind of digital....came from my office....first time I ever used it. Point and click is all I did. I`ll search for orange peel and see what I come up with.

Thanks again!

stilez
10-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Looks amazing! Nice Work.

Pats300zx
10-03-2003, 05:16 PM
They looks like pictures from a car dealer brochure.

I was thinking the same thing...Beautiful F150....:bow

frankie
10-04-2003, 12:11 AM
wow what a awesome gloss you got going

which product out of all the ones you used gave the MOST gloss

great Job man

dc larson
10-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow...thanks for the compliments. It was hard work.

I think it got the gloss from the #49 Final Inspection. After I had polished and waxed it, overnight we had a big wind and it got dusty in the garage. Next night I washed it with cold water and then used the #49 a couple times.

Was havin excellent Scotchish Ale from the local brewry that nite...got loosened up after a few pints of 7.8% ale. Next thing ya know I had done the truck twice. It was gettin late and my Wife called for me to read the kids a book. I had the camara in my car cuz I was to use it the next day. Got the pics before the sun went down. Kinda happened by mistake actually. Don`t know why one is bluer than the others.

I put a pic on another website askin if I could find black nerf bars that go from wheel well to wheel well, showing what I have. Someone else said it look like I scanned a Ford brochure!

Thanks Again...