PDA

View Full Version : Zaino discussion in another forum

fidelfs
10-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Some friends are discussing about Zaino peel off some emblems.

Look at this thread. (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=663202)

What do you think?

:nixweiss

CharlesW
10-02-2003, 10:08 PM
While I am not a Zaino user, I find it hard to believe it could cause the damage those guys have.

The problem is most likely one of vendor quality as a few of the posters have mentioned.

Zaino is on literally thousands of cars, but only causes the paint to come off Corvette embems. I don`t think so.:down

Charles

Deanski
10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Rub anything hard enough and something will come off if it`s plated... Nope never heard that one, and I just assisted on an owners black Z06. Poor guy didn`t have half the product needed to get all the swirls out or pads, so let him use the DACP/Yellow finger pad, then 3M PIII-MG, then HP on finish pad. Washed, Zaino`d and nice and black!

Now, if I can only get him to top it with some of my Souveran Paste!

Regards,

Deanski

SK2003TypeS
10-02-2003, 10:28 PM
I don` t think Zaino would do that. Probably some part of their process or the emblems themselves.

LouisanaJeeper
10-02-2003, 10:41 PM
since zaino contains no abrasives, I find it hard to believe

I think the zaino users tend to be more anal about perfection and are just more likely to notice such imperfections in the mediocre GM emblem paint job...

2000_EBP_civic
10-03-2003, 06:13 AM
if it were zaino, the paint would be coming off the entire emblem where it was applied not how its damaged in teh pic. that looks like someone jsut rubbed it too much.

dlw
10-04-2003, 03:16 PM
I`m sure that if Zaino caused this problem, my 5 cars would be bare metal by now!! I`ve used Z for several years and was even a Z distributor for 2 years. Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to a possible GM factory brain-toot to me.