PDA

View Full Version : Haze after DACP, SMR with yellow or white?

Pages : [1] 2

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey gang,

Just did my detail, thanks for the advice. Washed, clayed, DACP with yellow pad, AIO and SG. Unfortunately I lost my light and only got the AIO on tonight..

Now here`s the deal. The horizontal surfaces (hood/roof/trunk/tops of doors) came out flawless, but I seem to have some slight hazing on the lower parts of the doors. My guess is I probably didnt get down on the PC enough, this would explain why on the horizontal surfaces its perfect.

My question is, SMR will remove this and clean it up right? Even though I`ll be AIOing over it and removing the fillers? Should I use it with a yellow pad or a white pad?

Thanks as always

huggybear
10-02-2003, 08:20 PM
SMR with a white pad might do it.......dacp with a white pad is also doable.......as well as dacp by hand

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 08:32 PM
You think I`d be better off to do the DACP with the white over the SMR with the white?

huggybear
10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
if its just a small area then i would personally do DACP by hand.

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 08:39 PM
No all the sides are going to have to be done, all 4 doors, and all 4 fenders.

huggybear
10-02-2003, 08:47 PM
id use dacp with a white pad in that case i dont like SMR all that much

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Whys that, you think the fillers would be removed by the AIO and the hazing would return?

huggybear
10-02-2003, 09:15 PM
No I just dont like SMR. If you are worried about the haze returning after polishing the area spray it with some isopropyl (sp?) and water 50/50 mix wipe it off and wait a minute or two.

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Thankya!

Deanski
10-02-2003, 09:21 PM
With DACP haze, I step down to Megs SFP or #9, then Megs Hand Polish or if you want to stay 3M, PIII-MG after DACP, then any fine polish.

Those looking for the entire Automotive 3M catalog, that`s

#USLN-5REJ8U

Very good results with the above aforementioned.

Regards,

Deanski

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey Dean, thanks for responding.

Unfortuately I dont have PIII-MG, what I have is 3M`s SMR, isn`t it equivelent to Meguiars #9? I also have some #9 lying around, you think that will give me better results than the 3M SMR?

Deanski
10-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Go with the #9 if it`s the Version 2 of it. Called Swirl Remover 2.

You can P/U PIII-MG from autobody supply shops.

Regards,

Deanski

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 09:33 PM
I just checked, theres not enough of it anyways, and its not 2.0.

Is the SMR going to do it for me? I thought they were comparable...

Deanski
10-02-2003, 09:42 PM
The 3M book does not say SMR is filling such as IHG, but as was stated before, one sure fire way.. Do small area with SMR. Polish and wipe then spray with alcohol/water mix and wipe off. If you see any marring returning, then it has fillers and not removing the marring, just covering.

The #9 still can be picked up at most good shops that get Meguirars products, or the SFP is the bodyshop version of it more for faster work with rotary machines.

Time and patience is the key. Take your time and don`t sweat if one thing doesn`t work first time. You may just be using the wrong product for the problem.

You can also test what`s left of #9 you have B4 you P/U anymore to make sure it`s doing the job.

Regards,

Deanski

GoodnClean
10-02-2003, 09:48 PM
I`ll let y`all know how it works ;)