PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about QEW.....

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Luster
10-02-2003, 05:18 PM
With cold weather approaching, I am very interested in using QEW for my cars. I have a nice warm garage and I can`t stand a dirty car, even in the dead of winter.

Does anyone have DETAILED instructions on using QEW.

I have found many positive posts and threads about the product, but haven`t found one that specifically addresses how to use it.

Here are my questions:

1. If I`m only using one gallon of water.....where does all the dirt go?

2. Am I going to use 10 MF towels to do one car?

3. Or am I going to have a separate rinse bucket to use between wipings?

Thanks.....

huggybear
10-02-2003, 06:22 PM
ooooooooooo definatley a scottwax question i could tell you his method, cause ive seen him in action, but i would feel like I`m stealing for some reason.......:)

Bill D
10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Yep, after reading the same posts I purchased the qew for winter use. I plan on using 2 buckets one for the qew/water and the other with water to frequently rinse out the mitts. Will definitely change the water often. Will touch up after all the major dirt is gone with qd and mfs.

Scottwax
10-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Here are some answers I got from one of the reps at Protect All concerning QEW:

Where does the dirt go?

The best answer I can give you is "into the towel or wash mitt and then into the bucket." The agents in Quick & Easy Wash are a blend of Surfactants, surface active agents in lay persons terms. These agents are already in use, and have been, in traditional car washing products used in both, hand wash and line wash systems. So the science is not new or unique, just the application. What sets our product apart from the crowd is mostly the lack of SUDS, amongst other and various and sundry other subtleties.

Suds are an unnecessary byproduct of soap. When Quick & Easy Wash is used in the washing process the suds are eliminated and the surfactants do the work. Part of the work they do is to envelope or suffocate the surface. Two things happen, the electrostatic or chemical bond between the dirt solids and or hydrocarbon solids (this covers most of the soils found on cars) is broken. Next, these soils are enveloped or wrapped and trapped into the surfactant and then into the washing media such as a towel or wash mitt. At rinse time, the towel is plunged into either a clean bucket of water ( using the two bucket method ) or back into the Quick & Easy Wash. In either case the same is true, the dirt solids succumb to the rinsing motion and use gravity to fall out of the washing media and fall to the bottom of the bucket. You can see this if you look into your bucket after doing a wash job.

How come it doesn`t scratch?

In order to address potential scratching, the product contains a element that crosses the lines between polymers, lubricants, and waxes. It is true that if you bear down on a wet cloth over a dirty surface you will get scratches. However, our products make up will help to minimize the occurrence. So don`t press down hard, with any washing product. Let`s face it, scratching can occur even on a totally clean surface with a poor selection of washing media. Chose and dedicate washing cloths or mitts to a specific task and use them for nothing else. My current best pick for washing media is material called Microfiber, it is easy to find and we are working presently with an importer/manufacturer to bring it to our line of products, but that`s another topic for another time.

My method for using QEW

I use a single bucket and if the car is very dirty, I will change out the water halfway through. I use one gallon of water and two capfuls of QEW and if the car has not been waxed in a while, I also add about a half ounce of Quikshine (any QD should work) which helps the QEW bead better on the paint so it is easier to dry.

I use a chenille covered foam pad to wash. I wash one section at a time, then go over it with a terry cloth towel (since they have a deep nap to absorb any dirt left behind without scratching) and I make sure some moisture is left behind, which I then remove using a microfiber towel.

Deanski
10-02-2003, 09:54 PM
All right all right... now it looks like I now have to get some QEW!

Are you ordering direct through them?

Scottso: Got my QS... Nice stuff! Asked owner to order VM/CMW for me while I had him on the line trying to get the tracking number for the QS.

Nice write-up on QEW!

Damn I need a good day! New pics soon!

Regards,

Deanski

Scottwax
10-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Dean-most RV stores carry Protect All products and there is a link on their website at www.protectall.com that will give you the QEW retailers in your area. I think there are several people here who order it from camping world (not sure of the exact url).

Let me know how you like the VM/CMW combo.

Deanski
10-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Scottso:

Thanks, looks like a few areas have it. Interesting stuff it seems!

The owner of Clearkote was hesitant to send the QS as it was going to my business and he wanted to know if I was going to duplicate it?? NO I`m not into mfg, so no worry.

Looking forward to the VM/CMW and will try one panel half with VM/CMW combo and other just straight Souveran Paste.

BTW, he LOVES your pics! Can`t understand why? :D

Regards,

Deanski

CharlesW
10-02-2003, 10:10 PM
www.campingworld.com

Good people to deal with.

Charles

rstype
10-02-2003, 10:29 PM
As a cheaper alternative, you could always use a low sudsing, highly diluted car shampoo.

Scottwax
10-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BW

As a cheaper alternative, you could always use a low sudsing, highly diluted car shampoo.

:nixweiss At about $30-35 a gallon that will be good for over 100 washes, QEW is pretty cost effective.

imported_Luster
10-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Thanks everyone, for the "Quick and Easy" replies!!!:up ;)

Looking forward to my next Quick and Easy Wash!

Not only is detailing my hobby....it`s also my excersize program.

Great cardio workout!!!

Bill D
10-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Got my QEW from http://www.dyersrv.com It was priced well and is the site located closest to me. Got it in about a week.

imported_Greg
10-03-2003, 01:06 PM
My local Wal-Mart carries it! I found this out after ordering from Camping World, oh well.

Bill D
10-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Jeez, why no QEW in any Walmarts around here? Between that and Folex, apparently we never get the good stuff in NJ :(

CharlesW
10-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Greg:

Did you actually see the product in the store? Our Wal*Mart carried the Protect All spray cleaner/wax and was listed on the Protect All web-site. They did not carry QEW, though.

Charles