PDA

View Full Version : newb`s first post

dtsang
10-02-2003, 10:19 AM
hey folks,

i`ve been reading autopia for weeks now, and decided in the shower this morning that i needed to post:o . i have a 1 yr old black car, and as apart of my normal detailing i noticed what i suppose i can call dried muddy water across the front of my bumper. it`s been 2 months now since i first noticed this, and clay took almost all of it off the hood, but i seem to be having more trouble w/ the bumper and the headlights (clearly it`s not mud, but i have no idea what it is). it`s not terribly noticeable unless you are about 5 ft from it.

now i was initially going to try and tackle this w/ pc/smr/yellow pad, but it *dawned* on me that i could perhaps do aio and white pad. i don`t think there are any swirls, but will check before i start. what i wanted to ask you all was, do you think this would be the appropriate method, and how much aio i should use?

i initially was going to bring it to a detailer, but decided that for the price i would pay to have it detailed, that i may as well learn how to do stuff like this myself. when looking for methods and the like, i came across this board. alas that`s where my downfall began;) .

ps - you guys are awesome, the wealth of information on this board is mind boggling. at the same time, you are all evil :p. if my wife knew the amount of money i`ve spent on product (~$300 :shocked), i`d never hear the end of it.

pps - i`ll be starting my pc obsession this weekend w/ an old beater, light scratches on a 3yr old, and swirls on mine. wish me luck.

Preachers Sheets
10-02-2003, 10:48 AM
I would use AIO with a little hand applicator, you can get into tighter spaces on a bumper than a PC would allow.

The Klasse AIO is a perfect idea, it`s a mild cleaner so you wont have to worry about polish hazing or anything like that.

Magellan498
10-02-2003, 10:54 AM
:welcome to posting on Autopia!