PDA

View Full Version : my truck smells like pizza

Pages : [1] 2

Soon2BMaxed
10-01-2003, 10:28 PM
first off, Hi all! i`m new to the forum :D

i have a little problem. what do you do to.....smelly cars? i deliver pizza for papa john`s (hey, it`s good money for a part-time college student ;) ) well, 99.9% of the time i have my windows down while i`m at work but it`s gotten to the point that my truck still has a faint smell of pizza when i get in it every morning.

what can i do to get rid of the smell??

the interior is leather if that helps any...

Scottwax
10-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I wish the inside of my car smelled like Pizza. :lol

If you haven`t been spilling any pizza in your interior, then your problem is simply the lingering odor. Obviously, if you`ve spilled anything, you need to clean that up first.

You might want to try cleaing your interior completely, including the headliner and spray an ozone based spray into your vents with the a/c on recirculation. Only problem is the next time you deliver pizzas, you will have the lingering odor again.

I think once you stop delivering pizzas for good and completely clean your interior, the smell will be gone on it`s own fairly quickly.

Soon2BMaxed
10-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I wish the inside of my car smelled like Pizza. :lol

If you haven`t been spilling any pizza in your interior, then your problem is simply the lingering odor. Obviously, if you`ve spilled anything, you need to clean that up first.

You might want to try cleaing your interior completely, including the headliner and spray an ozone based spray into your vents with the a/c on recirculation. Only problem is the next time you deliver pizzas, you will have the lingering odor again.

I think once you stop delivering pizzas for good and completely clean your interior, the smell will be gone on it`s own fairly quickly. no, you don`t.......trust me ;) it gets old realllly quick...

can you reccomend any good interior cleaning products?

whats an ozone based spray? <~~~~clueless

Scottwax
10-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Do a search in the detailing and autopia university forums for interior cleaning. Tons of threads with several good product recommendations.

Honestly though, until you stop delivering the pizzas for good, I think you will be stuck with the smell.

JasonC8301
10-01-2003, 11:08 PM
As Scott said wait until you are done with it.

A little bit of Pizza smell won`t kill you.

BUT Valuagrd (www.autoint.com) makes a Odor terminator. Removes smell well and cheap.

Meguiar`s makes a Odor eliminator now, think #23, its fairly new to the market I think.

I really like how Zaino Z9 cleaner and Z10 conditioner smell though.

Jason

Anthony O.
10-01-2003, 11:33 PM
A solution to your dilemma would be to, instead of placing the pizza pies in the car with you, toss them in the trunk:xyxthumbs

Anthony

GoodnClean
10-01-2003, 11:33 PM
You can also try leaving a box of baking soda in it overnight to absorb the odor.

Preachers Sheets
10-02-2003, 07:08 AM
... so what your saying is you don`t exactly get all giddy when people invite you over to dinner and they`re eating pizza?

imported_Luster
10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
The smell is probably coming from your headliner. (especially if it`s of the "Mouse-Fur" variety. That really sucks up the smells.)

It`s hard to clean and still maintain a nice look, because it mats when wet.

My advise is to use FeBreeze air freshner on the carpets and headliner, but JUST MIST IT. Don`t soak it!

Driving with the windows down also helps.

markmando
10-02-2003, 09:04 AM
OZIUM might help.

same stuff hospitals use to rid order.

walmart and autozones sell it.

Soon2BMaxed
10-02-2003, 12:33 PM
thanks for all the advice guys! :cool:

gocona
10-02-2003, 02:17 PM
as anthony suggested, through the pizza in the bed when you deliver it, then you wont have to worry about the smell

Soon2BMaxed
10-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by tyymm

as anthony suggested, through the pizza in the bed when you deliver it, then you wont have to worry about the smell

Theres no bed

and

Theres no trunk

:p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p68c180927cfeba4d55e7b90f5dfe27c3/faef2a44.jpg

Preachers Sheets
10-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by markmando

OZIUM might help.

same stuff hospitals use to rid order.

walmart and autozones sell it.

Cool!

Soon2BMaxed
10-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Luster

The smell is probably coming from your headliner. (especially if it`s of the "Mouse-Fur" variety. That really sucks up the smells.)

It`s hard to clean and still maintain a nice look, because it mats when wet.

My advise is to use FeBreeze air freshner on the carpets and headliner, but JUST MIST IT. Don`t soak it!

Driving with the windows down also helps. btw, i live in blue springs and am a member of KCMaximas.org and Fast4Doors too :D