PDA

View Full Version : Final advice needed please!!

dawei213
10-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Call me crazy but I`ve been doing mad research on detailing and cleaning/wax a car and order a boat load of stuff. That and I`m taking a half day tomorrow just to clean my car :) I`ve learned a lot in the forum. Ok, this is what I have on hand: (note: this is the first time I`ve REALLY care about detailing my car, that and the car is new :D)

10 16x16 MF towels

4 MF applicator

4 Applicator pad

Chenille Wash Mitt

Clay Magic kit

Eagle One Wet Car Wash

Klasse All In One

Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection

Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer

Eagle One A2Z

Black Magic Tire Wet

Turtle Wax Bug n Tar Remover

Diamondite Glass Cleaning and Protection System

Cost me a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(. Hopefully it`ll last me a while.

Ok here`s what I plan to do:

1. Clean rims and tires by using Eagle One A-Z diluted with water (50/50 mix) into a bottle and spray it onto the wheel and tire. Let set for 30 seconds then hose off (scrub if needed).

2. Wash with EO Wet Car wash, then dry.

3. Clay

4. Wash with EO Wet Car wash, then dry.

5. Klasse AIO, wipe on/wipe off

6. PUPP, wipe on/wipe off

8. Repeat 5 and 6 for the rims as well.

7. Lastly, if day light permits, Diamondite window system.

Just a few questions before I start tomorrow (hopefully someone can answer some of my questions)

1. Just how much is not enough/too much of Klasse and PUPP? Like for PUPP, it says two small dime size drop onto an applicator. Would that be for like just enough for the hood or would that be enough for the entire car. Same with Klasse, it advise to "apply small amount of KLASSE on clean and dry surface with damp cotton cloth". Enough for the entire car or just the hood/door/panel?

2. Should I put on the Black Magic tire dressing last?

3. When you guys clean your rims and spray the EO A2Z and put sealant on, do you do the whole rim (ie. inner part and exterior) and take the wheel off the car or just the do everything while the wheels are still on?

4. Lastly, I do have a garage, but have so much stuff and not a lot of room to do it in. Forcast for tomorrow, cool around 60 but not a lot of wind. Outside wouldn`t be a problem right?

Well, pretty excited about detailing. Hopefully I can get it done before sunset so i can take some pics. If I`m doing anything wrong (or will), let me know! I`m open to all suggestions. TIA guys!

ntoddalbert
10-01-2003, 09:02 PM
The small amount talked about for Klass is only for the Klasse Sealer Glaze. AIO is a cleaner, use as much as you need to work. its great stuff, especialy the SG. Normally you should use AIO and the SG together, anything else in between could affect the SG bonding from what I read although I never tried it?

For wheels I spray all over, inside and out, let stand 30 secs and rinse. It should be fine in the sun on a 60 degree day the paint is well above that, sure beats a hot day . I think Klasse AIO and SG is all I would do for wheels, its an amazing look, its all I do for paint anymore too. Klasse is awesome

Im sure many more will chime in, your in good hands and seem well stocked. Good Luck

dawei213
10-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info! I`ll take your advice into consideration when doing my car today... (a bit nippy outside today but a nice day nonetheless).

imported_BretFraz
10-02-2003, 09:26 AM
If I`m doing a full-on detail I remove my wheels and tires so I can clean both the wheel backside and the wheelwell. But that`s only 2x per year or so. It`s up to you whether you want to do this.

Tire dressings and window cleaning are final steps.

You`ll have to play with amounts of PUPP and AIO to find what works best for you. It`s all in the technique which really cannot be explained in a chat forum. Just focus on one small section at a time and see how things go. There`s a learning curve but it`s not too steep or long.

Most of us detail outdoors, even if we have a garage, so don`t worry about it.

Good luck and have fun!! :up