PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, PICS!!

Beason
10-01-2003, 07:27 PM
EDIT: Wrong forum, please move to Detailing or Autopia Univ. Thanks

Here are some pics of a black tahoe i will be working this weekend. I have the following products to remove these and would like some imput.

DACP

Meg. Swirl Remover

3m Fine Cut Compound

Meg Red and White Pads

CMA White and Yellow Pads

keep in mind that this is my first time to do anything to this car, I just picked it up a week ago and this is the first time I will have time to detail it. Its a 01 Black Tahoe with just under 35.000 miles. Thanks in advance.

Beason
10-01-2003, 07:28 PM
hood

Beason
10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
different angle

Magellan498
10-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Hmmm well I would go with the DACP and yellow pad on that one.

Now some people would say to use the white first and something less aggressive but from the looks of it, you won`t be able to get ALL the swrils out unless you use DACP or maybe even something a little more abrasive. (not that you should, just saying)

Try that first and go from there.

jimmybuffit
10-01-2003, 09:05 PM
I`d start with a white pad on the PC with the SMR. Go slow and methodical.

Good pictures. Use that same lighting to remove.

I did an `03 Black escalade yesterday which still had `perfect` paint, at 5K. Well, bugs were an issue, but...

Suggest your owner find a different car wash...

Jim

Beason
10-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

I`d start with a white pad on the PC with the SMR. Go slow and methodical.

Good pictures. Use that same lighting to remove.

I did an `03 Black escalade yesterday which still had `perfect` paint, at 5K. Well, bugs were an issue, but...

Suggest your owner find a different car wash...

Jim

I am the new owner :) I picked it up used in houston. believe me no one else will ever touch this car beside me aslong as i own it.

imported_BretFraz
10-02-2003, 12:05 AM
I`d use the DACP or the Fine Cut and the most aggressive pad I had. Do this to level the paint and remove the more serious scratches and swirls. Follow up with #9 and a yellow pad and the paint should be damn near perfect.