PDA

View Full Version : Oil as tire dressing

imported_Larry A
09-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Did anybody else see the History channel last nite about cars. one part of it was about detailing cars. They interviewed a guy from California who ownes a high line detail shop, anyhow the talk got around tips and tricks and this man said to use motor oil as tire dressing and that after using it for a few weeks it will last a long time with just a dry wipe. Just 2 questions did anybody else hear of this , and if motor oil is good would baby oil be better? He says that the oil does not harm the rubber.

BA_Titan
09-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Yes, I saw it also! Business was Mr. Polish in Calif. Said he had been doing it 30 years. They also talked about lacquer thinner

as whitewall/whiteletter tire cleaner.....

Bill D
09-29-2003, 09:56 AM
And I bet kersone as a qd type product, that sounds like really old school detailing.

DaGonz
09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Did anybody else see the History channel last nite about cars. one part of it was about detailing cars. They interviewed a guy from California who ownes a high line detail shop, anyhow the talk got around tips and tricks and this man said to use motor oil as tire dressing and that after using it for a few weeks it will last a long time with just a dry wipe. Just 2 questions did anybody else hear of this , and if motor oil is good would baby oil be better? He says that the oil does not harm the rubber.

How about the environment? All I see is more business for Fire Department`s hazmat team!