PDA

View Full Version : Upsetting business card thing

Dawnskaybug
09-28-2003, 09:35 AM
I was walking by a grocery store bulletim board where you can post lost dogs or crap like that and I thought I saw what was MY business card a certain customer put up for me he said he was after I did his show car So I look at it again and it isnt mine but SOMEONE elses card who details the problem is mine is a picture and his is the same one I think we got the cards at the same place online and our formats are the same the only real difference is the font Now Im pissed and ready to throw my $50 worth of business cards away What would you do ?:nixweiss

imported_kgb
09-28-2003, 10:58 AM
I would throw mine away and get a new logo and not deal with them people again.

I had this place desing me a logo: http://www.logo-design-studio.com/ and I use that for business cards for my site. I am going to have them do one for my detailing this winter most likely too. Here is the logo they did for my site.

http://www.michigancivics.com/images/logo350.gif

Patrick
09-28-2003, 11:20 AM
1-800mylogo.com did mine, you`ll see it at the left !

medic159
09-28-2003, 12:55 PM
If you bought the cards online and used one of their stock photos there is nothing you can do. If, however, you gave them the photo and they gave it to someone else to use then you should complain and let them know in no uncertain terms that you are the copyright holder to the photo and they do not have permission to use it. You can then call the other detailer and politely explain that he was improperly given your photo and he should also cease use of the cards immediately.

Dawnskaybug
09-28-2003, 05:17 PM
I used a stock photo stock template out of like 1000 my bad I guess so, should I get new cards ?

imported_kgb
09-29-2003, 08:19 AM
I would get new cards if you don`t want to be confused with the other guy.

I mean, just think if this other guy is a total boob. People will see your logo and think it is his. That is what logos are for, so people can reconize you anywhere.

Young_Stallion
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Just a heads up for some of you I have not spoken with/doing business with already. I own a multimedia business and am offering my services at a discount to autopians.

Business Cards, Logos, Flyers, Commercials...all mediums.

Message me if you need some work.

Dawnskaybug
10-17-2003, 12:04 AM
SOrry I wasnt to clear its not the logo its the whole freakin background its an ocean scene thats what caught my eye the whole blueish color

Young_Stallion
10-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Well that is what happens when you get business cards, logo from companies like that..especially the 1800 logo companies.

All made from templates

togwt
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
"If you bought the cards online and used one of their stock photos there is nothing you can do. If, however, you gave them the photo and they gave it to someone else to use then you should complain and let them know in no uncertain terms that you are the copyright holder to the photo and they do not have permission to use it. You can then call the other detailer and politely explain that he was improperly given your photo and he should also cease use of the cards immediately"

You can only claim `intellectual copyright` unless it`s a registered

copyright. This happened to me and it`s a pain.....

I think your client had good intentions though. All you can do is move on (You live, you learn)

Good luck with the new venture.../

justadumbarchitect