PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 2nd hand W123 Need Help with Odor

jerry@robs
09-28-2003, 05:13 AM
Just bought a W123 diesel... Cleaned the interior and there`s still this weird smell... Turned out that it`s the horse-hair like backing material of the seats... How the heck will I get rid of this? Thanks...

Smells like pee actually hehe... but it`s just the backing material... I`m pretty sure its not pee since all the seat backs have the same material and they smell the same.

wash_me
09-28-2003, 10:16 AM
I know what your talking about it has that old car smell. I think some of the older Jags have the same smell maybe Lynn might know how to fix it.

jimmybuffit
09-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Automotive International/Valugard`s Odor Terminator.

Works every time!

C.O.C. Smoke from Bridgepoint is also an important option.

Jim

jerry@robs
09-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Jimamary: Hmm, i`ll try to find a local source. Right now I use Eagle One`s Odor Eliminator (Enzyme based) and it didn`t touch it. I washed it with shampoo as well, no effect... Sprayed Lysol... None...

Anthony O.
09-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Get new seats.

Because the seats are the "source" of the odor no odor killing agent will remove the smell.

Just my 2 sense

Anthony

jerry@robs
09-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Wish I could Anthony, too expensive... I had the underside covered by an upholsterer with nylon mats to trap it a little. Now it`s under the sun... I`ll keep you guys up to date...

MBZ 500E
10-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Horesehair pads are available through the dealership and can be replaced if they`re the source of smell.

Question?

Is your interior Cloth, MB Tex or Leather? If it`s cloth and you`re sure it`s the horsehair then replacing the pad will be the best solution. If it`s vinyl then a good cleaner and vinyl conditioner with scent like Meguiars Viny & Rubber might help cover the smell. If it`s leather the Griots Leather conditioner has such a strong leather smell it will mask the horsehair smell.

Good luck and sweet car. :xyxthumbs My Dad had one that lasted forever before it was totalled.:(