PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the whiteness from was off plastic body parts?

imported_kgb
09-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Ok, I detailed my cousin`s Element about 3-4 months ago and all of the plastic grey body panels are white where my PC pad went out of bounds and hit the plastic. I can not find one thing to get this off! My girl friends door handles on her 2001 Sunfire are also the same way.

Here is a pic of the Element so you can see all of the plastic. The whiteness does not show up in the pics.

Thansk once again fellow Autopians!

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/download.php?id=944

JasonC8301
09-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Try a rubber/trim cleaner. Meguiar`s #39 comes to mind and a stiff brush plus lots of scrubbing.

An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure. Try taping them off next time with some 3M blue painters tap. Available at Staples or Home Depot, or Lowes, maybe Wal-mart.

imported_kgb
09-27-2003, 10:39 PM
haha i was just telling my cousin today that i was going to invest in some of the blue painters tape....he said "too late" ;)

Thanks man!

imported_kgb
09-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Any one else have suggestions so I can try a few things?

imported_kgb
09-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks! I just ordered Meguiar`s #39...seems to be a good choice. i am not about to smear Peanut butter all over my cousins truck cause for one, I will never hear the end of it, and two, I doubt he would let me do it. hahahaha

Thansk to the both of you guys!

imported_KevinA
09-29-2003, 09:28 AM
I removed some white wax/polish from my `89 Accord that`s been there for years with a mild Simple Green solution and brush.

imported_kgb
09-29-2003, 09:46 AM
I thought about using simple green but I was affraid it would be too strong and stain the trim.

imported_ajbarnes
09-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Believe it or not, if applied correctly, Klasse AIO can remove wax from trim and handles. Trust me, I just recently did it!:xyxthumbs

PakShak
09-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Last ditch effort, use some peanut butter. Not the crunchy type but the smooth spread. I`m not joking, it really works well to remove white stains from trims. :xyxthumbs But don`t ask me how to take off the peanut butter...hehehe

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

fidelfs
09-29-2003, 10:46 PM
I agree!. I have a chevy avalanche with the plastic moldings and the peanut butter is the way to go.

Try also with simple green.

:up

NJPaintGirl
10-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Car Systems makes a product called "Restorer" it works great. It also works great on tires. Kar Kraft also makes a product called "Onyx" that is made just for this. You can find these products at Automotive Paint Distributors.

SVR
10-17-2003, 04:41 AM
My black plastic side mirror backings go white if i get any wash or polish on them. To fix i simply get out some baby oil and its all fixed. Same for the bottom exterior rubbersand the black plastic bits on the outside. The rest get done with meguiars tyre gel.

foxtrapper
10-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Eagle A2Z wheel cleaner. I learned this from another thread around here. Being a true amateur, I`ve managed to convert some black trim to pure white with wax and polish. :shocked

I spritzed it on, scrubbed a few seconds with a toothbrush, wiped it off. It took about as long as it took me to type that. All of the mess was gone. I mean all of it. Phenominally incredible. :bow & :xyxthumbs

mx5
10-23-2003, 06:52 AM
It is the vegetable oil in peanut butter that removes the white residue. Just rub some vegetable oil on there and it should come off. It works. Why waste 5 bucks on some cleaner?

foxtrapper
10-23-2003, 07:42 AM
I`ve used peanut butter, it`s not in the same league as A2Z. A lot more effort and the results aren`t as good. :nixweiss Why work harder for poorer results when you don`t have to?

:xyxthumbs