PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Medium Cut #1 (long)

Mizzuri
09-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Today I drove for 1.5 hours for a detail at a clients house. When I got there I realised I had left all my compounds, Polishes, waxes, sealant at home except for Klasse AIO & SG. :o

I shooted of to the local supply shop and purchased some Meguiars #9 and Meguiars Medium Cut #1.

The car to be detailed was a 1997 BMW 328i. I clayed the car with Claymagic and Final Inspection, used

rotary with Meg Medium Cut 3M Grey waffle polishing pad,

Meg #9 with beige Meguiars pad

orbital with #9 and Meg Yellow Polishing Pad

Orbital Klasse AIO and Meg Yellow Polishing Pad

Klasse SG

P21S

The car turned out great. I took pictures and my digital piece of crap destroyed them. Time for an upgrade.

The Meguiars Medium Cut #1 was a real surprise. It was very runny, much unlike DACP that I was expecting, yet splatter wasnt really a concern. You can feel the abrasives when you rub it in your hands. It has more bite than DACP yet the dimishing Abrasives allow it to brake down very well.

It was easy to remove, didnt flash to quickly like DACP and 3m Perfect IT III MG can. It had just the right amount of cutting power for the job, and removed deeper scratches with ease apon a second application with a little increase of speed. The combination of the 3m Polishing Pad worked well also, a tip is to clean the pad as often as possible. I kept the speed within 1400 & 1700rpm for the cutting and 1000 to 1300rpm for polishing/swirl removal.

I gave the Medium Cut a go with the orbital also and found it to work great. Definatley worth a try...

Sorry for the Length of the post, hope it helps someone out there.

Tony.

Spilchy
09-27-2003, 09:39 AM
I use it with my PC and really enjoy it for those tougher jobs that DACP can`t handle. I would follow up with DACP.

It is very runny and gritty. It looks like liquid adobe clay.

I used it on the hood, roof and trunk of an 1988 Accord with 225,000 miles on it. It ate through all the contaminates, scratches and light oxidation (it was a garaged car).

I used too much the first time and was left with dust everywhere! I had to turn my ShopVac into the blower option and blow the whole car down!

Its a very good product and worth a spot in your arsenal especially if you need to tackle some tough jobs.

I felt comfortable with it, never feeling like I was using something too abrasive despite the bite it carries.