PDA

View Full Version : very bad paint job.

tedkazinski3
09-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I own a 1978 Lincoln Continental. It used to be a horrid copper color, and the previous owner took it in and got it painted black. It looks like under the clear coat but on top of the black there is silver splatter. This is on the drivers side rear door. What you you guys here reccomend to take the sliver splatter out and make it look decent? Would you advise me to sand the entire door and then repaint and clear coat it? Im assuming that I would have to wetsand/repaint the entire panel if I wanted it to look uniform. Thanks in advance

Preachers Sheets
09-26-2003, 11:26 PM
If the silver splatter is between the paint and clear your in trouble.

I would sand the entire panel down, re paint and re clear but I have no experience with sand, painting, blending or anything like that.

tedkazinski3
09-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah, the silver is on top of the black but under the clear. I guess i could take it in a get it fixed, but its just a 78 lincoln. Its mechanically sound, but looks like hell. The 3/4 vinyl top is in shreds, and there`s minor blemishes in the paint along with the splatter on the door. I guess ill just leave it to a collector to restore or something. Just wanted to confirm what one would do to repair it and it sounds like too much messing around. Thanks.

admac
09-27-2003, 01:17 AM
jeez, is that your real name? if not, weird screenname.

tedkazinski3
09-27-2003, 10:51 AM
no comment