PDA

View Full Version : Prep for Zaino winterizing

audio1der
09-26-2003, 09:59 AM
I have 3 layers of Z2, topped with carnauba.

I plan on dawn-washing to remove any existing wax, and adding a couple of more Z layers for winter protection.

The paint is extremely smooth to the touch, so I do not deem clay neccessary at this point, but should I re-Z1 before I Z2/Z6, or should the Z2 bond with the existing Z layers?

It`s been a good 6 months since I`ve Z`d, but it`s been heavily topped with #26 since it went on.

TIA,

Audio1der

Deanski
09-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes, I`d use the lock prior to Zaino without ZFX.

You want to make sure all that wax is off. Another way: Distilled water and Alcohol in a spray bottle will do.

If you Dawn it, make sure you go back and wash with Z7 too. This will assist in any remainder wax and remove any Dawn filming.

Regards,

Deanski

Sci-Fi
09-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Z-1 application is generally recommended for either, after every 6 months or after every 6-8 layers, whichever comes 1st for daily drivers and once a year for garaged show cars. If you are using the ZFX additive, then disregard the above statement.

A Dawn wash should be sufficient to remove #26. I`m not sure if you want to use alcohol and water, there are many posts here that indicate that combination will remove Zaino too. Here`s one topic: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25505&highlight=removing+zaino

Can do a search to read the other posts.