PDA

View Full Version : Will clay remove Klasse SG?

imported_Brett K
09-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Last weekends project was detailing my parent`s 95 Lexus ES300. I did 1xDACP, 2x, AIO, 2x SG, and a coat of S100. Monday morning, my dad took it to work and they were paving a parking lot right next to his spot and it was a bit windy. The entire car is covered in tar and some sort of solvent. The windshiel wipers sound like you are using sandpaper, and this crap is all over the car.

I am hoping I can clay it without losing the two layers of SG so I only have to redo the S100. Any ideas whether the clay will remove Klasse?

Jngrbrdman
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
It would be a good idea to reapply SG after you clay. More than likely it will take off enough that you will want to put more on. You can do light claying without hurting it much, but if most of the car is going to need it then you are best to be safe and not sorry. Polishing is how I get rid of all of the SG because I don`t feel that clay will remove it all. It does remove some though.

Accumulator
09-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Brett K- This is a topic where Jngrbrdman and I are on (sorta) opposite sides of the fence :cool: While I always say that *MY* claying regimen (and I spot-clay with most every wash) does NOT remove an appreciable amount of SG, your situation sounds pretty severe.

Your situation sounds like you might have to be quite aggressive with your claying, and I wouldn`t be TOO surprised if you even have to AIO the vehicle to get all that stuff off.

Yeah, put on more SG no matter what. It`s a good idea anyhow.