PDA

View Full Version : # 7 - Collinite 915 - S100 ... Don`t Do It!

rd_volvo
09-24-2003, 03:08 PM
I stated in an earlier post that I was trying the above combination for durability and PoP.

Don`t waste your time.

" Hazing and Clouding " . Badly.

Don`t know why this happened. Maybe products are incompatible.

Well it was worth a shot.

rd

BradE
09-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Hmm, that`s odd. After which product did you get the hazing?

I was planning on using Mothers glaze + Collinite 476 on my family members cars, maybe not now. :(

rd_volvo
09-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Can`t really say cause I did #7 and #915 one day and saw a little hazy streaking but attributed it to product curing and would be gone after a wash or two. Added S100 day three and looked the same. A week later clouding seemed to get worse when I look at hood in indirect sunlight. It can`t take hazing, it`s one thing that really gets my goat. Never get hazing with Omega/Blitz.

The presentation did look outstanding from the side though but the haze on the hood made me say goodbye to the idea.

I guess that`s why it`s a good idea to stick with the same company for glaze and wax.

SL - Your plan may work fine. I like Mother`s S&G very much and also #476. I may have introduced tooo much and two different brands of wax on top of each other quickly so it may not be # 7`s fault.

rd

Jesstzn
09-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Does the haze rub off or is it permenint? I get a haze with meg #26 and also with Glanz on black but it rubs off.. comes back rubs off then gone.. I assume its the curing.

rd_volvo
09-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Permenant.

And after trying fifty thousand detailing products my gut said it wasn`t going anytime soon. Three weeks would have been to long a wait for curing. Looking at my hood made me think of Carly Simon singing " Clouds In My Coffee, Clouds In My Coffee " .

LOL

Spilchy
09-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

I was planning on using Mothers glaze + Collinite 476 on my family members cars, maybe not now. :(

Do it! Ha! That`s what I do for the winter prep on the family truckster. I hit it first with DACP. I have also done Moose Wax topped with 476 with excellent results

As you know, thin coats with the 476. That baby has some teeth!! :D

Wonderful, wonderful product - you just won`t get the look of a s100, mothers carnuba, #26 etc...

I may try topping the 476 with some 3M Show Car paste wax.

imported_NHBFAN
09-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Anyone try applying Collinite with a sponge damp with QD or removing it with a QD, e.g. FI?

rd_volvo
09-24-2003, 10:37 PM
I did try this a few times and found I got shadowee type streaks.

It helps to apply the product but that`s about it. All my experience is that carnauba does not like to be mixed with water upon application. Give it a try and see if you get the same results.

The longer you leave the Collinite on before buffing the better chance of streaking.

rd

F 355
09-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Have not been here in a while. Since I was here last, I got another first place with the Ferrari and used Collinite....but their Insulator Wax! Kinda hard to find unless you order on-line or you can get it in many boat supply shops. A real killer! Also compatible with a topper like P-21s. Give it a try and you`ll be amazed....

dr427
09-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

I use that combo as well with no problems. Same goes for 845.

rd_volvo
09-25-2003, 06:50 PM
F 355,

Did you use a glaze under the Insulator wax? If so which?

thx

rd

F 355
09-26-2003, 05:40 AM
The combo I used was a follows:

1. DACP

2. Autoglym Radiant Polish (really hard to fine)

3. Collinte Insulator Wax #845

4. Autoglym Liquid Hard Wax

5. P21 - Topper

The Insulator wax was originally developed for power lines and seems to last forever. It is the best protection I have found for painted wheels and black windshield wiper arms (will never fade). Use it on my boat in sal````er..incredible lasting power.

K_Csaxo
09-26-2003, 10:52 AM
f355 man what a car!