PDA

View Full Version : Should I expect the car to appear swirl free under direct sunlight??

blackntan
09-24-2003, 01:50 PM
The car is a 1996 miata, black and tan. She`s a black daily driver, and has close to 100k on the clock now...

I`ve started using the PC (still with stock pad, CMA`s are on the way), with my first application of PI-III last week, and the results were fantastic! Then coated with SEC and S100, the car looked super swirl free for a few days.. After a rain and some bitter weather, the car appears to have started to swirl up again. Nowhere near as bad as before, but still not mirror finish like it was.

How many runs with the PI-III should I expect to have to go through before the car appears swirl free for a week or two at a time? Should I even expect this with a black daily driver?

Don`t get me wrong, she`s a pretty lady right now, but I want more!! I want to be able to see my future in this cars finish!!!

:D :D :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
09-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Since it sounds like existing marring "re-appeared" (as opposed to getting NEW marring), yeah, you must need to work the MG some more (or use a more aggressive product) to really get all the swirls/scratches/whatever out. Keep working it until the marring is gone before moving on to the SEC/wax. Sometimes you have to work on a panel FOREVER to get all the marring out, going over it again and again. Only you can decide if it`s worth it. But remember that you`re taking off paint and you can only do that for so long. Black daily drivers are as tough as it gets. If the car`s gonna get marred again anyhow I`d save my paint and live with an imperfect finish.

Jesstzn
09-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Another thing to concider is that maybe the SEC or S100 has fillers that fill the swirls and in a few days the fillers gas off and the swirls that were always there become visable. Ihave a black B5.5 and I been there. This is a daily driver too.

I used Menzerna Intensive Polish and after each go round I wiped it off with 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water. This lifts any swirl filling and what you see is what you get. Once happy then you go str8 to wax of choise.

End result with

1) Menzerna

2) Z5

3)Z2 x 2

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21459/p/460161_4454782310539744761_vl.jpg

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21459/p/427108_4892157461937737378_vl.jpg