PDA

View Full Version : Paused at a crossroad in today`s complete detailing: vote, what next?

Pages : [1] 2

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I`ve APC`d, DACP`d, IP`d, FP`d. That`s a routine that works for me, to get that glassy look.

I`m now paused for an hour, to eat dinner. What should I do after dinner?

1) AIO and SG, topped with S100 tomorrow. I`ve had these a few months, never used them before.

2) My standard routine, #7, #20, #26, Souv paste. The #7 and #20 tonight, the #26 tomorrow, the paste Thurs.

3) Test the Crystal Guard. I have the Pro kit. It`s a controversial product, with VERY strong opinions on both sides.

Cast yer votes, I`ll check back in an hour or so!

Tom

jeremyp111
09-23-2003, 04:45 PM
I`m kind of a Klasse twins guy myself so I`d go with the AIO, SG and S100. I LOVE KLASSE TWINS!!!!!! There.....I said it!

Just my $0.02

JP

2wheelsx2
09-23-2003, 04:53 PM
I would hybridize 1 and 2.

AIO, 2XSG, #7, #26, S100, Soveran.

What the heck, you got `em, so might as well use `em.:cool:

JasonC8301
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I would AIO, SG over the course of a week (1X each day), leave it at that, want to be anal, Souveran paste over all that.

Jesstzn
09-23-2003, 05:40 PM
#26, S100, Soveran <-- will those layer or are you just taking off the last one you put on with the one your putting on?

BoxsterCharlie
09-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I would AIO, SG over the course of a week (1X each day), leave it at that, want to be anal, Souveran paste over all that.

What he said. 1 layer AIO tonight, 1 tomorrow, rest of week 1 layer SG per day.

93LSCOUPE
09-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Im really interested in AIO and SG. Tascar has the set for $34.99 but I was wondering how they should be applied?

Also, how does Klasse look on blacks? I have a granada black metallic car.

Thanks

imported_jgv
09-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Menzerna Sealing Wax after FP. (2 coats!)...........

But you don`t have it, right?

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Nope, no Menzerna Sealing Wax. If it`s as good as the polishes, it`s great, though.

I`ll AIO. Can I AIO and SG back to back, or do I HAVE TO wait a day to do the first coat of SG? I know, use the search, look at the post in the HOF. Still, anyone with a quick answer is appreciated.

Tom

2wheelsx2
09-23-2003, 07:05 PM
No need to wait for the first coat of SG. It can be applied right away on top of the AIO. It`s the 2nd coat that has to wait 24 hours.

Is this on your Miata? If so, post some pics. Let`s see if it`s any better or different than your previous pics with #26. Just curious.

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Yep, the Miata. I decided not to use the CG on it. It`s such a great palette for testing products, because it`s so small, I can do almost anything in an hour. CG needs a long-term test. I`ll do it on the Trailblazer. But not this weekend, maybe next.

AIO is on and off. I used 2 oz (I put it into a 2 oz bottle) to do the car twice with AIO, no wipe-off between coats. That stuff is a sob to get off; I used Sonus QD spritzed onto the mf removal towel, that worked really well. I hope it didn`t remove any AIO... can`t see how it would.

I`m taking a little break, having a bit of sherbet. It`s about 60* out, with the halogens in the garage with the door open it`s about 68*, perfect. There`s very low humidity, and not a cloud in the starry sky.

I`ll have to wait until tomorrow or the next day to take pictures. My initial impression of AIO is probably what all you AIO lovers already know; VERY slick and smooth, and it doesn`t rob color at the expense of reflectivity as much as some other synthetics; it doesn`t seem to have the "wrapped in plastic" look, as far as I can tell. Nice stuff.

My Klasse kit came with a sponge applicator for the AIO, and a terry applicator for the SG; I can`t see where that matters, does anyone else? I don`t care for terry applicators, I might use a Meg`s.

Tom

imported_Brett K
09-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Try the souveran over 2-3 coats of SG. I have never had a problem removing AIO. Did you dampen the applicator with a QD so it spreads thinner. I have had good luck applying the AIO with a white pad on my PC and removing with a microfiber damp with Final Detail, followed by a dry one. FOr stubborn spots use more Final Detail.

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Done, thanks for all the tips. 2 coats AIO, 2 coats SG. I used the Sonus QD, I figure it`s made to compliment the Klasse. Yup, I dampened the applicator, what I think I did was left it on a bit too long. Whatever, it came off.

It`s a much wetter shine, for a synthetic, than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting a #20 look or a Zaino look, very reflective, but on the "dry" side. Klasse isn`t carnuba, but it`s very attractive. I`ll drive it to work tomorrow so I can take pictures in the sun.

2wheelsx2, can you put #7 over the Klasse? That would be awesome! I`ll do that, if it doesn`t undo all my work!

Tom

imported_Brett K
09-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Mosca, you should give at least 12 hours between coats of SG (24 hrs is recommended). I find it actually looks better the next day after it has cured some. Also, do you like the Sonus QD? Is it comparable to Meg`s Final Detail in that there is no wax in it?

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it`s the #20 syndrome; I try to do 2 coats of any synthetic, to assure complete coverage.

Should I leave it in the garage, and do it again tomorrow after work, or drive it to work, then re-wash it and SG? IOW, is it OK to wash between coats?

The Sonus QD is an acrylic QD. There`s no wax. This is the first time I`ve used it. It seems pretty nice, it is wet and slick and smells nice.

Tom