PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a PC (and some other stuff)?

imported_Faceman
09-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi,

This thread kinds of runs in parallel to a similar one in the Hot Tub that I posted.

Where would be the best place for me to purchase a PC 7424 from in the Las Vegas (Strip area-ish) or San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf)? Would also need to buy some pads - any advice to what make etc etc.

Also, does Mothers clay come on its own or do I have to buy it with the lube? Don`t want the lube (i just KNOW it will leak in my suitcase all over my wedding suit!).

Will also be wanting to buy some Meguiars #81, #82, #83 and applicator pads.

Hope someone can help me out with the info as i fly out next weekend.

Cheers very much,

Face

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Find a Lowes. They sell Porter Cable things. You don`t need QD because car wash soap and water works just as well. Email Meguiar`s and ask them where a local distributor is. They can tell you exactly where to find the Meguiar`s products.

gnahc79
09-23-2003, 04:24 PM
the closest Lowe`s in the bay area is in Union City, about 30 min east of SF. For Meguiar`s stuff...any auto parts place like Kragen, Pep Boys, and Autozone. In the stores Mother`s clay is sold with the lube, no clay only. Maybe put it in a plastic bag?

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2003, 04:32 PM
#81, #82 and #83 may be hard to find at an AutoZone or places like that. I think it would be probably better to check at automotive paint supply stores for those products. They are more of a professional product and autopart stores generally don`t have all the pro products.

jeremyp111
09-23-2003, 04:42 PM
The best price I`ve seen on the PC is at coastaltool.com. They have it packaged with a 6" velcro backing plate for $119. Even with shipping it will cost you less than if you bought it at Lowe`s. I use Lake Country variable contact pads and get them from topoftheline.com. I like the recessed backing on the pads so you can get into the tight spots without hitting the paint with the backing plate. I don`t recommend using the pad that comes with the PC as it seems to cause more swirls than it fixes.

Good luck,

JP

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2003, 04:51 PM
He doesn`t live in the country so he wants to buy it at a store and take it back with him. That is an option though... Have an Autopian order it for you and then pick it up on your way through.

jeremyp111
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Ahh, missed that one! oops!

:o

JP

93LSCOUPE
09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Autobarn has Mothers Clay for $12.99 a kit. Check it out.

forrest@mothers
09-23-2003, 10:43 PM
PM me direct and I`ll take care of the clay.

But, FYI, it looks alot like plastique, and the airlines will not be happy to see it in your bag.