PDA

View Full Version : Ok to #7 and #26 so soon?

godofthunder
09-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Ok, its been about a month now since I did my nice huge detail (still no pics, havent developed them yet).

I did :

Dawn Wash

Clay

Rewash with Megs Gold Class

#9 (didnt help much)

#26, waited a day, then another #26.

But, in the next week or so...my cars getting its own personal photo shoot for my Photo class. Then, I kinda wanan clean up after the huricane. The water still beads, and the car is still very slick. There are some swirls, ESP. on the trunk, i think from the wool mit i was using.

This weekend I was planing to wash (with a new sponge, i really dont like the mits), then put on another coat of #7, then #26.

Is it to early? :nixweiss I kinda wana put more #7 down to fill in the swirls on the trunk for now, and shine some more. then #26 to protect. Or, should I just #26?

I do NOT have the time to strip, clay, and redo it all. That wont be until fall break, or beter yet, after the first of the year (durring winter break). I prob will put on some more wax before then (late oct, mid nov)...but kinda wanan fix her up now, espc. after the huricane

Jon

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me. I`d still say to use a lambswool mitt, just don`t put your hand in it; use it like a sponge.

Otherwise, you can #7 and #26 daily, with no ill effects.

Tom

godofthunder
09-23-2003, 12:02 PM
But...wouldnt the botom part scratch the surface like crazy? This was one of those $5 ones (the most expensive) at WalMArt. I usu. just use the 97cent sponges, which seemed to work fine

Jon

Jesstzn
09-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Stick with the sheepskin mitt ... want proof .. wash 1/2 the hood of a black car 3 times with each .. sponge side will show all kinds of swirls. Costco has a mitt pack .. 2 full mitts .. one 1/2 mitt and one Chenelle one very cheap .. werk great

weegee
09-23-2003, 06:29 PM
#7 is basically all oils and no or hardly any abrassives. So you`re okay to use more frequently. But if you`re layering the 26, you`re going to need to take it off before applying the #7.

I don`t think the #7 is going to help much with the swirls, even the #9 for that matter. Especially if you`re applying by hand. Either get a PC or prepare to do several applications by hand.

JustinR32
09-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Naw, you don`t have to remove the 26. You can 7 over it, and then 26 again. I`ve done it many times. It comes out great.

Tom

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/3620dscf0083-med.jpg

Trainman
09-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Nothing like a freshly polished Miata...........they look great and drive even better

Weather willing my midnight blue 03 is getting the full treatment this weekend ..........AIO/SG/P21S

godofthunder
09-24-2003, 07:46 AM
what are some other good mits? like from Walmart, Target, or auto stores?

jon