PDA

View Full Version : Help with bad swirl marks

benzmark23
09-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Whats up people? I have a dard green car and the swirl marks are bad. I was using Zymol cleaner was. I bought the Meguiars three step system. Do i need to use a clay or just use a swirl remover. If so what brand should i use? Should i use clay first or swirl remover first. Do i still need to use the paint cleaner after this steps? Or just skip to polish and wax. Pls help. Thanks.

acl99
09-23-2003, 01:06 PM
If your going to remove the swirls and not just fill them your gona need a stronger polish than the first step cleaner in the meg system. im still new to detailing too so ill let the professionals give you the products to use. goodluck

Deanski
09-23-2003, 02:22 PM
I assume you will be doing this by hand correct?

First, wash the finish, dry, then use a clay kit. The "Clay Magic" kits are very good and do not leave behind a lot of residue. After all the claying is done, wash & dry it again.

Get a bottle of Megs PPC (Premium Paint Cleaner) and use that to remove the swirls. Follow with Megs #9. Use high-quality terry towels to polish with, not some cheap ones or you`ll end up with more than swirls! Only 100% USA Cotton! Look at the label!

If your swirls are that bad, you may need to step up to Megs DACP. Although meant for rotary/RO use, it can be done by hand application. You need several good high-quality terry towels to polish it with. It also has to break down, in that I mean the polish will be wet at first, then start to go to a powder stage. That shows that it has broken down and ready for wipe-off. Use it sparingly, as too much will end up in it being difficult when you try to remove it.

A quicker way is of course a PC.

Regards,

Deanski

manueljlg
09-30-2003, 12:46 AM
Which Wax should be applied after these steps?