PDA

View Full Version : BMW Gummi-Pflege

stevet
09-22-2003, 08:06 AM
After doing a search on treating rubber seals I went to the local BMW dealer and purchased a tube of Gummi-Pflege. This stuff is thick like vaseline and comes in a tooth paste like tube with a foam applicator attatched. Can anybody tell me what is in this stuff, the people at the dealership didn`t know. I am wondering if it contains silicone and if so is it harmful for my seals? BMW sells this stuff for Bimmers but I drive a Celica GTS, are the German seals the same as the Asian? Thanks for any responses.

ntoddalbert
09-22-2003, 10:54 AM
I have heard nothing but praise for that product on Bimmerfest, cant say what is in it though

Accumulator
09-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Since BMW (or rather, whoever produces it for them) doesn`t list the ingredients, well, :nixweiss what`s in it. There are three VERY similar products of this type, but only the one made by Wurth (*MY* choice), lists the ingredients, namely "isoparaffinic hydrocarbons, beeswax, and paraffin oil".

No, it won`t hurt anything, quite the opposite. People have been using it long enough (on all kinds of vehicles) to have discovered any downside. It might leave a residue on your windows if they press directly against the treated seals though.

Lowejackson
09-22-2003, 02:39 PM
It is a great product, easy to buy and use. A useful item to own.

Gary H.
09-23-2003, 02:28 PM
I have used it many time on many cars over the past 2 years. After trying many competing products, this one is the best I have found.

Mmmph
09-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I believe there is glycerin in that BMW Goo-Me Flay-geh :D

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15616