PDA

View Full Version : Zaino on polished aluminum????

chaotik
09-21-2003, 09:31 PM
OK......I am buying Zaino for my new baby (Ford F250 crewcab super duty)... Afetr all the great things I hear about its protection, etc.

I have seen on here that people use it on their rims. I drive a construction truck and just had all 6 of my rims on the tractor polished. The guy did a GREAT job...they look like CHROME!!!

But, since this is unclearcoated...you have to keep them clean clean clean. Any little bit of mud/ quarry slime/ etc stays on them for very long it stains them. Now...its not that hard to polish out...but I was wondering if using zaino on them would give them some good protection??

If so...what Zaino products should I use...what order...etc?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Deanski
09-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Zaino on rims is a fine choice as any carnuba "wheel-wax" will not last due to the heat generated by the wheels.

You can just apply ZFX/Z2 if they are in good shape. I would get some Prepsol to remove any polishing agents used when they did the wheels as you know Zaino need to bond to CLEAN surface free of oils.

Regards,

Deanski

Blue-Sun
09-22-2003, 02:13 PM
I have used Z2 and S100 in my wheels. I know the wax didn`t last long, but they are a breeze to clean (well, that and the A2Z get`s everything out of the wheels. . .)