PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and #9. Is it Ok?

fidelfs
09-21-2003, 09:27 PM
My understanding was #9 has not fillers only has some abrasives to remove not hide swirls and it will now leave oil. I am confuse after using the the search function because I got mixed results.

I found some posting saying #9 remove swirls and others saying only hides the swirls.

I have found also using the search that #9 has some oils to enhance the shine.

I am planning to keep using Zaino in one car and Moose (Clearkote) in the other. If I use #9 to remove minor swirls will Zaino bond to the paint?

If #9 has some oils I can dawn wash after that but if it is only hiding the swirls I will be removing the fillers.

Am I right on my original thinking or will I have problems with Zaino?

Help!!!! :nixweiss :confused:

BradE
09-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Meguiars #9 contains abrasive, and fillers. The fillers are oils mainly. You will need to wash before you use Zaino, or it won`t bond correctly. The wash will remove the fillers.

Deanski
09-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Go ahead and use it. Just wash with the Dawn and Z7 prior to Zaino.

9 will remove swirls and not fill. Yes it does have oils as just about all polishes have some type for lube. Or use 3M PIII-MG as this is a proven no-filler swirl remover.

Just topped my SC430 that has many coats of Zaino with Souveran. Nice effect! 1st application was not a big dramatic event, but just added another one today and looks wetter and more rich. the Zaino clarity seems to help the wax reflection. Try a little CM on just one area on the vehicle with Zaino and see if you like it. If not, wash that area with a mix of distilled water/alcohol in a sprayer and refresh Zaino with Z6.

9 does a good job of swirl (light ones) in removal. Or 3M PIII-MG. After 9, I use hand polish or Menzerna FP with just a grey/black finish pad as I want ONLY the polish to burnish the finish to a mirror w/o any actions of a pad. This works well. Better than hand and a lot quicker!

Regards,

Deanski