PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Paint Cleaner

airjames
09-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Has anyone ever tried this before???? I need to get some wax on my Ranger before old man winter sets in and want to do it right. I`m on a tight budget and Autozone is 3 mins away from me. I know I would probably get better results with like Medallion Paint Cleaner or something but I need the products pronto!! Has anyone ever tried it before??

http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/product_a30.gif

imported_Larry A
09-21-2003, 08:36 PM
It will work just fine. Meguiars 3step and Mothers 3step and Meguiars pro. 3step will all do a fine job . Their are also some good 1steps Meguiars : cleaner wax- Gold Class- and # 20 and # 6. Mothers : cleaner wax and Reflection. Their are others like Zaino Klasse Blackfire 2 Collinite etc. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much work you want to do and what you expect .

DrGonzo
09-21-2003, 09:31 PM
It works well, but apply is sparingly as it is a pain to remove.

YIELAR
09-24-2003, 01:24 PM
When a product like Meguires or Mothers says Clean WAX on it does that mean that there is wax in it? Might sound like a dumb question but I don`t want to be putting wax on just removing everything possible before I zaino. Any input would be a great help.

Yielar

imported_Aurora40
09-24-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by YIELAR

When a product like Meguires or Mothers says Clean WAX on it does that mean that there is wax in it? Might sound like a dumb question but I don`t want to be putting wax on just removing everything possible before I zaino. Any input would be a great help.

Yielar

If you actually meant "Cleaner/Wax" instead of "Clean WAX", then yes, they have wax in them. They are one-step products that clean the paint and leave wax behind.

Mr. Clean
09-24-2003, 09:34 PM
F-150_91,

Funny you should ask. I was going through my supplies and came across both the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and DC Polish. They have been sitting in one of my bins for over a year as I have been trying other products. I pulled out both products and went to work on our `96 Volvo 850GLT (Pewter in color). I used a dampened YoSteve MF applicator to apply the Paint Cleaner. I worked it by hand on a single panel until it was mostly clear. I removed it with a MF from MicrofiberTech. Some places where I had not worked the product thoroughly did not completely wipe off. I left that residue there and applied the DC Polish with another dampened MF applicator; working it in as with the Paint Cleaner. The residue wiped off cleanly. I followed those two products up with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (thanks Autogeek) and when I was finished I wondered why I had let the Meguiar`s products languish so long in the bins. As for the Pinnacle LS, WOW, if there were an easier product to use, it would jump out of the bottle and apply itself!