PDA

View Full Version : Observation on #40 (nothing earth shaking)

JustinR32
09-20-2003, 10:53 PM
It has a nice smell to it. Most vinyl and rubber protectants smell industrial, #40 has an organic, leathery scent.

Tom

imported_Aurora40
09-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Really? Smell is the one thing I don`t like about #40. I think it smells very chemically. It`s like new-car chemical, but still chemical... If it smelled better, I`d probably buy a gallon of it and use it on the interior again. I like the way it works, but hate the way it smells.

JustinR32
09-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Yup, and everyone loves the smell of Griot`s Speed Shine, and I hate it. Go figure, I guess that`s why there`s chocolate and vanilla!

Tom

rd_volvo
09-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Here`s a little thing I found. Go to your local health food store and pick up a bottle of vegetable glycerin.

Add about a shot glass or two to your favorite rubber and vinyl treatment. It adds a luxurious sheen to it and adds some viscosity which extends the application interval of the product.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

rd

imported_Aurora40
09-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

I guess that`s why there`s chocolate and vanilla!

Tom

Vanilla sucks... :dance

rstype
09-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by rd_volvo

Here`s a little thing I found. Go to your local health food store and pick up a bottle of vegetable glycerin.

Add about a shot glass or two to your favorite rubber and vinyl treatment. It adds a luxurious sheen to it and adds some viscosity which extends the application interval of the product.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

rd

Or mix a little of it with water, and viola, you`ve got yourself a zymol protectant for $20 less! (Minus the resistable fragrance and bottle)