-Wash wheels and tires

-Wash car with water

-Wash with gold class shampoo

-Rinse off with water

-Dry

-Deep Crystal Polish

-Cleaner Wax

-Gold class Wax

i was thinking...where in those steps should i use the Quik Detailer an Quik Wax.....that is...if i should use them..

and are there any steps which are useless or in the wrong order...

please help me achieve the best :bounce shine possible

thanks

Glossequation
09-19-2003, 11:08 AM
skip the cleaner and gold class waxes, go from the deep crystal right to the #26. I have found that waiting a day, the applying a second coat of #26 will darken and deepen the paint, while also ensuring you hit the whole car.

For the cleaner and GC waxes they each have light cleaners in them so one will degrade the other.

George Wax
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
I would do this wash your vehicle, clay the paint surface(if needed), Cleaner Wax, and two thin coat`s of number #26, and your done..After everything is done wipe down vehicle with Quik Detailer..

Option number 2, Wash your vehicle (clay if needed), Polish with Deep Crstal Polish, and finish up with #26..Final wipedown with QD

I am not a big fan of Gold Class Wax...(poor durability)..

2wheelsx2
09-19-2003, 12:36 PM
I don`t think you can go wrong with either the GC or the #26, but as others have said, I would skip the cleaner wax. If durability is not a concern then GC or #26 are both good, but if you don`t want to wax every couple of weeks, then I would go with #26, as George Wax said.

NXT4now
09-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Is #26 high tech yellow better than s100? Since #26 is more readily available I am leaning towards gettnig that. My goal is high gloss and shine, and durability is not a great concern since I plan to wax at least once a month...

Glossequation
09-19-2003, 02:34 PM
I think you`ll find the differences minimal. The only difference is that S100 is easier to work with, but that is offset by the small size of the container! :mad:

I wish my #26 came in a tin like #16 does. They show a tin in the Meguiar`s catalog, but you receive the plastic container...

NXT4now
09-19-2003, 04:57 PM
^^thanks for the reply^^ and don`t meant to threadjack...but I am still waiting for my guru report to come in...

imported_Tony
09-19-2003, 05:17 PM
I have used all three.

1.Gold Class: I gave mine away. Great shine, stains trim( becareful). I did not feel the shine lasted very long.

2. #26 liquid. I used this with the PC and it worked very well. Nice shine that seem to last. Perhaps the GC shined better the first two weeks but after that the #26 seem to have an edge and #26 did not stain the trim. Very good wax.

3. S100 paste wax: by hand very easy and quick to use. I apply to two panel then buff off the first. Very nice glow and lasted. Does not stain trim. Overall this product is hard to beat. Great for pros where time is money and still gives a great shine.

note: #26 and S100 can really pop if used after a glaze.

I am still a Klasse person!

NXT4now
09-19-2003, 05:21 PM
^^rightlane, sounds like you favor s100 over #26, or is the difference minimal?

imported_Tony
09-19-2003, 05:36 PM
I favor the Klasse twins. I have my process that works for me with Klasse.

Yes I favor S100 because it so easy and fun to use. I have not done a side by side comparison so I can not say for sure about the difference in the shine.

good luck

JustinR32
09-19-2003, 05:45 PM
I`ve not used S100, but it gets compared to Souveran all the time, for appearance and ease of use and longevity, and I use a lot of Souveran.

Gold Class, IMO, is one of those "not quite" products to me. I can`t warm up to the way it looks. It`s shiny, but not quite shiny enough; it`s deep, but not quite deep enough.

#26 is lots cleaner and wetter looking. I really dig #26. It makes the car look hot and cool at the same time. I`ve applied it over Gold Class, to good effect.

Souveran/S100/P21S (I`ve only used Souveran, I lump them together based on comments read here) is a beauty wax. It has depth and shine in spades. It also lasts only about 2 or 3 washes. Souveran Paste is the most beautiful wax I`ve ever put on my red car. #26 is different, but close in appeal. But, it looks different, not as sexy. Souveran is very sensuous, very sexy. It makes you want to bite into the car, it`s so awesome. But, the look goes away in a couple weeks.

You could use #26 paste and never be dissatisfied with the gloss and shine. Then use S100/P21s/Souveran Paste for date night, or show night. That`s how I do it.

Tom

Scottwax
09-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by love2shine

^^rightlane, sounds like you favor s100 over #26, or is the difference minimal?

I do, but if S100 disappeared completely, #26 would make me happy.

S100 is more reflective and brighter to me and #26 is a bit darker and warmer looking, more of a muted glow.

NXT4now
09-19-2003, 06:06 PM
thanks everyone!!

Deanski
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Yep, I`d lean to 26 as a better option of the two.

I just added Souveran paste as a topper over my Red Lexus SC430 that has multi-coats of Zaino on it. It`s nice, but no real dramatic change, however it does look a bit wetter and or glossy. It`s all persoanl optinion anyway. It did help hide with one coat, some spider webbing or light and I mean light scratches seen under high intensity lights.

If it was me, I`d go with a more esoteric wax such as S100/Souveran/Carnuba Moose or other high-end pure wax.

26 is a fine product. Give it a try and see how you like it. If it doesn`t do it for you, remove it and try something else. Some like the Megs PPP as it`s a wax/poly combo. Gives a nice warmer glow and lasts a bit longer.

Let us know what you do! And post some pics!

Regards,

Deanski

JustinR32
09-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Now see, this is where semantics fails us. I see MPPP as shinier (cooler), and 26 as deeper (warmer). Deanski, we agree on lotsa stuff, so I know we mean the same thing, but with the word "warm" meaning different things to each of us!

I, for one, have never gotten a straight answer from Meg`s regarding the makeup of MPPP. It`s been posted here as a quote from Meguiar`s that it is a hybrid; the product reps I met in Carlisle swore up and down, in response to a direct question, that MPPP was 100% natural; and I`ve read (and always assumed) that it was 100% synthetic. The web site calls it a "balanced blend of nutrients and conditioners combined with superior waxes"; could be all natural, could be a hybrid. Mike said that he would find out and get back to me, but he has a much fuller plate than we can even imagine, and it`s not a matter of life & death to me to find out, just curiosity.

BTW, Mike`s been writing about A-12 cleaner wax (maroon) over at SCG. He says it`s a nonabrasive cw that is deep, shiny, and beads like crazy, and that it is an excellent one-step wax for users on a budget who like to wax frequently, because its cleaning action is very mild, but strong enough to remove contaminants, and that it provides Meg`s proprietary oils and enrichers. That`s probably all true. I`m not on a budget, though. It might make a nice low-cost base coat, if you think about it.

Tom