PDA

View Full Version : New seats: Leatherique or Lexol 1st?

Bill D
09-18-2003, 02:51 PM
I have a new car and am interested which product is best to use first on my leather seats: Leatherique or Lexol? Should I use Leatherique periodically, like twice a year or so and use Lexol periodically inbetween? Thanks for any info.

imported_BretFraz
09-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Why deep clean new seats at all? They shouldn`t need a lot of work, right?

Lexol is quite mild and would be a good choice for regular use. Bust out the Leatherique when the seats are real grimey, which will prolly be in 5 years or so if you keep them clean with the Lexol.

On new seats all I use is a clean towel and a little water. That`s it.

lexite
09-18-2003, 03:44 PM
I`m in the same boat trying to find the best conditioner/protectant. New seats shouldn`t need much cleaning, if any, but I think it is better to put some conditioner to prevent leather drying out. In my experience Lexol is a good quality conditioner but leaves the seats a bit too glossy for my liking.

I`m considering Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil too but`m confused if it should be used only on old and dirty leather or can be used to keep new leather soft as well.

or Griots leather care seems to be another choice.

What do other people who have experience with these products think?

Bill D
09-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks bretfraz,

Glad I don`t need to make an addition to my leather supplies. Recently got the large size Lexol bottle so hopefully I`m set indefinitely. If I were to get the Leatherique was considering the Rejuvinating oil at some point in time. Glad it seem like something possibly of use much later down the line.

2wheelsx2
09-18-2003, 03:52 PM
I`ve also read some favourable reviews on the Platinum leather cleaner gel and leather conditioner on other sites. So many that I have ordered some for myself. You might want to search around and try that out. I won`t get mine for another week (shipping up here to Canada sucks), so I can`t tell you from my personal experience, at least not for a little while.