PDA

View Full Version : morning dew...

OKCstanger
09-17-2003, 10:41 PM
quick question. we`re now getting some dew in the mornings, and by the time i`m off to work everything`s dry. it`s leaving a small area of light/very light dirt/dust. anything i can do to get rid of it short of washing again?

shaf
09-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Hmm, I`ve been wondering about this one too. I know that one thing that really dirties my car quickly is driving it around when it`s covered in dew (especially the trunk).

Sometimes I wonder if it`d be okay to try and soak up the dew by QDing the car. That is, if spraying on QD (that super fine Meguiar`s bottle comes to mind), and then wiping it and the water off at the same time would be safe to do. I know that mixing QD with water (to an extent) still gives you a lubricative solution, but... what does anyone else think about trying this? :confused:

DBC
09-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Hmm, I`ve been wondering about this one too. I know that one thing that really dirties my car quickly is driving it around when it`s covered in dew (especially the trunk).

Sometimes I wonder if it`d be okay to try and soak up the dew by QDing the car. That is, if spraying on QD (that super fine Meguiar`s bottle comes to mind), and then wiping it and the water off at the same time would be safe to do. I know that mixing QD with water (to an extent) still gives you a lubricative solution, but... what does anyone else think about trying this? :confused:

Thats what I usually do if theres morning dew,that is,take my QD and mist it on heavily and wipe everything down.Works out fine for me.Not only do i get rid of the dew but i still get the benefit of a feel of a jus waxed finished,with the added protection.:xyxthumbs

Robert

OKCstanger
09-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by robert

Thats what I usually do if theres morning dew,that is,take my QD and mist it on heavily and wipe everything down.Works out fine for me.Not only do i get rid of the dew but i still get the benefit of a feel of a jus waxed finished,with the added protection.:xyxthumbs

Robert

but what about after the dew has already dried? i`m not able to get outside til 8:30-9:00, and most of it has evaporated by then. would a healthy does of QD be okay to use to get rid of the slight amount of dust that stuck the the moisture?

shaf
09-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by OKCstanger

but what about after the dew has already dried? i`m not able to get outside til 8:30-9:00, and most of it has evaporated by then. would a healthy does of QD be okay to use to get rid of the slight amount of dust that stuck the the moisture? Good question. I think it`s a similar judgement call when you`re doing normal QDing. That is you ask yourself, "is it too dirty to QD?". Most of the time when I see appreciable amounts of "stuck on" dirt I end up just going :( and leave it until the next wash.

Thanks for sharing your experience Robert. :up

DBC
09-18-2003, 11:48 PM
OKC-listen to what 4DSC had to say.its purely a judgemental call on your part,if its light enough to QD or if its enough that you have to wash the whole car the next time.

4DSC-that`s been my experience everytime something like that situation comes up so its just about second nature to me to want to step outside and do a QD.Been doing this for awhile now and nothing was harmed,as long as theres enough dew and enough QD to go along with it (unless its really dirty) then everything should be fine.Lemme know how it goes for you the next time youre thinking about trying this.Alohas!

Robert