PDA

View Full Version : Would you agree to this process with Clearkote products?

fidelfs
09-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Ok fellow autopians, I am a Zaino + P21S topper.

I use that combo for my torch red Vette. :up

I applied the Z process on my Avalanche but I missed some prep-work (Maybe Z5 really don`t hide any swirls) and I can see swirls over my white paint. :(

I have 4 layers of Zaino I have to remove on my AV. (How can I do this. Just apply alcohol or what?) :(

I am planning to use VM (Vanilla moose hand glaze ) to remove the swirls (Shoul I use something else). :confused:

I will apply Carnauba wax (Clearkote) and then top it with P21S.

It is a process very similar how Scottwax is doing it. (I like his results :bow I know I will have to use a PC. It is not way I can have the same results by hand :bow ).

If this works well I will try it on my vette.

:xyxthumbs

imported_Greg
09-17-2003, 03:41 PM
If you have swirls, I would suggest using something more aggressive. Whether it be DACP or 3M PIII MG, those are going to remove the swirls. VM has very light abrasives, but mostly functions as a glaze in my arsenal. So I would do DACP with yellow pad, VM w/ white pad, Carnauba moose by hand or grey pad. I don`t think there is any reason to top off with P21S unless you just really want to. The polish will remove any Zaino left. I think you will be happy with this combo as I use it very often as well.

Scottwax
09-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I agree with Greg. If you have anything more than very minor swirls or scratches, you need something more abrasive initially than VM, at least on the order of Meguiars #9 or Swirl Free Polish.

I don`t think I`d top Carnauba Moose with S100. I guess you can if you want, but since both are carnauba`s, I doubt it would improve durability. If you want to experiment and see what kind of look that gives, by all means try it....and let us know how it works out!

Scott P
09-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Vanilla Moose is a great product, but it will not remove swirls. I would go with DACP or one of the Megs products Scottwax mentioned. VM would be an excellent step between DACP and Carnauba Moose Wax. There is no need to top the CMW with P21S/S100 since there are the same type of product.

luvthong
09-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Is Meguiars #9 or Swirl Free Polish pretty much the same??

Scottwax
09-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by luvthong

Is Meguiars #9 or Swirl Free Polish pretty much the same??

Yep.

Jesstzn
09-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Z5 does work for swirls if they are minor but you have to use the right applicator and only apply it in a back and forth motion .. not circular. If you want to really give the swirls a go before Zaino or any other wax use Menzerna Polish. Thier intensive polish will remove the more stuborn scratches and the Final Polish will take car of the swirls. There is no fillers in Menzerna like there is in #9 so your swirls don`t end up coming back because the fillers gased off with time.

fidelfs
09-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Jesstzn. Where can I get Menzerna Polish?

:cool:

Scottwax
09-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Z5 does work for swirls if they are minor but you have to use the right applicator and only apply it in a back and forth motion .. not circular. If you want to really give the swirls a go before Zaino or any other wax use Menzerna Polish. Thier intensive polish will remove the more stuborn scratches and the Final Polish will take car of the swirls. There is no fillers in Menzerna like there is in #9 so your swirls don`t end up coming back because the fillers gased off with time.

#9 and Swirl Free will remove swirls if used properly.

fidelfs
09-18-2003, 06:54 PM
By the way these are the pictures of my Avalanche.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12126dsc00760.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12126dsc00759.jpg

As you can see I don`t have any scratch only small swirls. You can see them under the sun shine.

:cool:

fidelfs
09-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

#9 and Swirl Free will remove swirls if used properly.

Scottwax. Sorry to ask but How can I apply it properly. I will use a PC. I know you have posted before that #9 works better by hand.

Thanks in advance.

:bow

Scottwax
09-18-2003, 07:03 PM
I haven`t said that #9 works better by hand, just that I have been able to get outstanding results by hand.

If you are using a PC, make sure you work it until the product looks nearly clear and dry then wipe off the excess. If you do not work it long enough, your results will not be as good.

I start with DACP on heavy swirls.

fidelfs
09-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks !!!

:bounce