PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle question???

airjames
09-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey all,

Is there a good product out there that will last a while on motorcycle exhaust systems???? I was thinking something like #20, Zaino, Pro Profection, or PolymerII. What do yout guys think??? thanks a mill,,,,,,,,91

Detailing NY
09-16-2003, 08:38 PM
If the exhaust is chrome, then the best you can do is clean and polish. The problem is that the pipes heat up to much and no product that i know of can withstand that pipe heat.

f you have a fiberglass or plastic cover over the pipes then you can wax it just like a car. Chances are that the cover has an air dam to let the air in and keep it cool.

I have detailed many bikes and they are harder to do then cars!

NYD

2wheelsx2
09-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Is this a cruiser or a sportbike? The reason I ask this is that most cruiser pipes are chromed, which most sportbike cans are polished aluminum or carbon fiber covers on stainless.

For chrome, or the aluminum covers, I honestly think not too much will stay on it, because they get REALLY hot. However, if it is CF, then you can treat it like paint, as it doesn`t get very hot, and the CF is cleared.

airjames
09-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys,

This is a cruiser bike. So something like a polish with very mild cleaners in it to keep the oxidation down and crisp shine. Every 4-6 months should do right???

mzgloves20
09-18-2003, 08:27 PM
I used to sell a chemical sludge that you pour into the pipe (from the head end) to reduce the exterior heat to the wall of the pipe. (in an attempt to reduce bluing) I`m sorry that I can`t remember the name of it right now...it should be in ur local dealers major distributor catalogs....

It is not a perm fix..nothing is. The only thing that works is aftermarket pipes with a thicker wall of chrome... and or full length heat shields to hide to blue...

( the name of the product may be "blue job"....)