PDA

View Full Version : Help! Looking for link to a wheel detailing brush.

rdtjr
09-16-2003, 04:53 PM
A while back I saw a link (either here or MB owner site) to a website that sells a narrow brush that you could use to get back into the recesses of the wheels between the spokes. Tried a search at both sites but no luck. I remember the site had pictures with a number of uses and I think it was $18.95.

Help! Anyone remember this? I can see all this dirt and brake dust but I can`t get at it.:(

JasonC8301
09-16-2003, 04:56 PM
www.topoftheline.com ? I know they have a nice selection of wheel brushes.

imported_edschwab1
09-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Maybe this one from Top of the line?

Click Here (http://topoftheline.com/ezmotdetbrus.html)

Eric

rdtjr
09-16-2003, 04:58 PM
I will look here but the site I saw before seemed to be one guy selling one brush. Thanks for answering!

imported_edschwab1
09-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I need to type faster.

Eric

rdtjr
09-16-2003, 05:05 PM
JasonC8301 & edschwab1

That just might be it. You guys are fast. I could barely open a link with the email notifications coming in! Thanks!

I assume this is fine to use on wheels?

kcarter
09-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Bought mine at Target. Screwdriver like handle, with the brush straight out. It does the wheels great. Five or six bucks.

SK2003TypeS
09-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Here`s another option. I have one and love it. Very gentle on my aluminum alloys.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1002&SKU=92546

Accumulator
09-18-2003, 11:11 AM
SK2003TypeS- Yeah, that`s MY primary wheel-cleaning brush. But he`s still gonna need something to get back behind the spokes.

I use things like Griot`s (BIG) foam swabs (pn 10226), Quickee Brand glassware-cleaning sponge mops, old and VERY soft toothbrushes (*IF* you`re not too worried about scratching the wheels), and toothbrush-style boar`s hair brushes (can`t remember where I got them, maybe Eastwood).

rdtjr
09-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I think you`ve answered my question. I have the OXO brush but it doesn`t reach very far into the wheel, especially in between the double spokes. That`s why I was looking for something else.

This site is great. My wife says I have more lotions and potions for the car than she has for herself. But she doesn`t mind because she likes to help detail, especially cleaning the wheels and applying the Gummipflege. I am one lucky guy, even if I do catch a lot of overspray when she is rinsing the car! :D

SK2003TypeS
09-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Hmmm.....I thought the E500 has 5 spoke wheels. I have 5 spokes on mind and it`s tough to get back there. I plan on doing a wheel overhaul, taking them off, wash, clay, wash and Zaino. Hopefully sooner than later.

rdtjr
09-18-2003, 02:21 PM
SK2003TypeS

You are probably thinking of the wheels for the sport/appearance package. Those have wide, solid spokes. The standard wheels have spokes that split near where they meet the rim.

PS - I admire your gumption. In my wildest dreams, I can`t see myself doing that. Well, maybe.

Bill D
09-18-2003, 02:56 PM
On my Maxima I used to use a long brush intended for cleaning AC units. I got the brush I found to be the best at a True Value hardware store. The manufacturer is Kiefer. Looks like a gigantic test tube brush.I used a heavy athletic sock turned inside out over and sprayed the wheel and sock with brush with cleaner. It worked well though I would never recommend using it without the sock. Used to be my ritual after longer trips :D

SK2003TypeS
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM
You are probably thinking of the wheels for the sport/appearance package. Those have wide, solid spokes. The standard wheels have spokes that split near where they meet the rim.

Ahhhh, I`m still not sure what they look like. Guess you`ll have to clean them and post pics :D

Gumption ? (yes I had to look up that $20 word). I don`t think it`s too uncommon around here.....in fact, I think it`s a requirement :p