PDA

View Full Version : What supplies can be washed and used again?

TA373
09-16-2003, 12:18 PM
I`m looking to find out what supplies can be washed and reused. Also what are the best ways to wash certain supplies?

Microfiber Towel

Terrycloth towel

Applicator Pads

Wash Mitt

What else might I be missing in this list?

Anyway, what should and shouldn`t be washed? And if it should be washed...how should it be washed?

Thanks,

m.

LouisanaJeeper
09-16-2003, 12:38 PM
I wash all that stuff.

Pads- hand wash w/ warm water + ALL, rinse, air dry

Mits-wash in washer w/ warm + all, double rinse, air dry

Towels-wash in washer w/ warm + all, double rinse, machine dry w/o fabric softener sheet.

just in case you don`t know, "all" is a "safe" liquid laundry detergent that comes in a white bottle

SK2003TypeS
09-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Mits-wash in washer w/ warm + all, double rinse, air dry

Really ? I`m hesitant to do this because I think dirt grime may get "driven" deeper into the mitt and show up when I wash the car. I usually just wash it out with water by hand. I fill a bucket, keep dunking it, swishing it around and feed the mitt with the hose from the inside. Oh, and I`m using sheepskin mitts, maybe that`s the difference.

LOTA OT
09-16-2003, 01:23 PM
I wash my sheepskin mitts in the washer as well with no ill effects. Just don`t put it in the dryer.

I don`t think washing in a machine will "drive" the dirt in any more than washing by hand. Besides, with the sheepskin, you can`t really drive dirt into the leather, so I don`t worry about it.

Michael

LouisanaJeeper
09-16-2003, 04:54 PM
I rinse the wash mits out pretty good in my rinse bucket before they go to the laundry room (these are cotton mits)

The sheepskin ones I just rinse well with pure water and air dry.

shaf
09-16-2003, 09:00 PM
I wash those all out except the washmitt - I just rinse it out well usually and so far that seems good enough.

The only thing I have that I do NOT wash is my Eagle One Tire Swipes. They get loaded up with tire gel and messy, so I keep mine in a little cardboard box I made. I don`t mind just tossing them out though, because I`m pretty amazed at how long they last using them on my tires.