PDA

View Full Version : Qew

Scottwax
09-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Mix it up in a spray bottle and use it for your clay lube. Half a capful with 32 oz of water and if you bought QEW by the gallon and the average price is in the neighborhood of $35, then your cost for 32 oz of spray lube is 13 cents.

You can also use it as you wash the car with QEW. Wash the section normally (without drying), clay, wash again then dry. It only added about 15-20 minutes to the normal time it takes me to wash a Navigator to clay it using this method. Wash and clay time was less than an hour total.

If the vehicle is real dirty though, I`d recommend washing and drying with QEW then using a spray bottle with it instead.

Anyway, it works, it is fast and dirt cheap!:bounce

andriver
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the tip Scott.

iceman
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
But the QEW doesn`t feel slick like a car wash solution or QD. Wouldn`t using plain water feel just the same as QEW solution?

Scottwax
09-15-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by iceman

But the QEW doesn`t feel slick like a car wash solution or QD. Wouldn`t using plain water feel just the same as QEW solution?

No. QEW does add slickness to the water and reduces surface tension over plain water.

Bill D
09-16-2003, 12:11 AM
I am very glad I just got a gallon of this stuff!

webstrive
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
has anyone used optimum no rinse as a clay lube? how does it compare to soap?

imported_flatstick
05-15-2006, 11:53 AM
has anyone used optimum no rinse as a clay lube? how does it compare to soap?

I use it all the time. works great for me. I have it mixed in a 32oz spray bottle. I prefer it over clay lube as it is less expensive and I always have it on hand. it is slicker than regular soap. hope this answers your questions.

wifehatescar
05-15-2006, 12:01 PM
QEW did not work for me as lube for claymagic, it sticks to the paint too easy, even flooding the area with lube.

imported_flatstick
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
QEW did not work for me as lube for claymagic, it sticks to the paint too easy, even flooding the area with lube.

you should try the Opt no rinse. it is much slicker and works great.

imported_animes2k
05-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I`ve thrown some QEW in my wetsanding water, along with regular car wash soap... I liked how it worked.

imported_flatstick
05-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I`ve thrown some QEW in my wetsanding water, along with regular car wash soap... I liked how it worked.

Got to love it. these washes have many uses. maybe we can get a sticky for all the ideas on using them. I have used Opt No rinse in my winshield washer tank in the warmer months and it works well. guess there are so many uses .... so little time lol !

imported_Picus
05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Opt no rinse mixed as a qd works really well for this also - and as animes2k it`s nice for when you`re wetsanding too. I have a bottle mixed with 4 capfuls of opt, about 20z of spray and wipe and the rest water (maybe 24oz) that I use for wetsanding and it works great.

LynchMOB
05-15-2006, 02:42 PM
DP 4 in 1 works well for clay lube also.

wannafbody
05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
I`ve been using QEW as a spray and wipe for bird bombs. Two capfuls to a bottle of water.